Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The tale of Mount Grefflian Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I finally figured out what exactly is going on here- err, I mean,I'm going to tell you guys what I forgot to tell you the other time. Totally forgot :yep:.

Due to the nature of how the game will work, I will be making a new thread for the actual game, this thread will remain a discussion thread.

So that prologue in the beginning is your personal story. You are not the only person that that woman gave the pill to. She also gave it to 9 other people and now you're all at Mount Grefflion, in different areas around it, trying to get to the woman so all of this can be fixed.

--

You will each have your own individual stories and will have to make decisions which will ultimately decide your fate. It's going to be like a Choose Your Own Adventure style thingy. This game will help me practise my creative writing

Your decisions will not always between life and death, sometimes the decisions you take will lead your to clues which then will be noted in The Journal. Sometimes a series of decisions will take you back to where you came from, but is the area exactly the same as before? Are there be more clues to be discovered now?

Clues
    Sometimes you will come across things you can't explain, questions you can't answer or situations in where you cannot do anything. In those cases you should check the clues you have obtained to see if you can make sense of them.

For example, you may see a statue the first time and you won't be able to do anything, but if you find out a few days later due to a clue that some statues have hollow compartments located at the pedestal, you can go back to the statue and examine it in more detail. Leading you to find something that will help you advance further throughout the story.

Other clues will be about the lore of the game, for those of you interested in it

The Journal:
    This will be a feature of this game, essentially everyone's choices made and clues discovered will be recorded in a journal. You can access this journal at any-time by going to the OP and checking the spoiler.

This Journal is how everything will be kept nice and clean, Ill be using these types of spoilers, to make everything neat:

The Journal

These are just random examples, not how the real thing will be
    Clues
    Clue #1
    People die when they are killed
    Clue #2
    >Undiscovered<
    Clue #3
    Grass is usually green
    Clue #4
    >Undiscovered<
    Clue #5
    >Undiscovered<
    Clue #6
    >Undiscovered<

Stories

z33

z33 woke up with an orange in her hand
    LeyK
    LeyK found a batman mask

You will also sometimes need to look at the clues other people have discovered and snoop on other people's stories so you can gain the necessary information needed to solve a puzzle that you face, or deduce something about the woman that could advance you in the story.

This Journal will always be up-to-date, so if you need to check on new clues, you won't have to sift through pages and pages of discussion. This is all for your convenience so that the information you need is easy to get, and easy to come back to. So if you discover a clue, you won't have to go back to that exact post I made where I revealed it, you can just go to the OP, and look in the journal and read it again

--

BTW - 2 people already seem to think that this story has vampires in it.... it doesn't... so yeah... just saying. Just in case the other 8 of you think there are vampires here too.

===========
    SO that's the game, does it sound good or not? And does it sound not so time consuming?

If yes, then that's great
    If no, then feel free to withdraw, I don't mean that in a rude way, but I'm just saying, don't be afraid to withdraw from the game if this seems like too much for you. As I said, it's a practice for my creative writing, so even if we have like 3 people left, it'll still be good haha.

Let me know what you guys think!

(Original post by Axel Johann)
    x
    TL;DR gimme two minutes

ReputationRep:
    So I finally figured out what exactly is going on here- err, I mean,I'm going to tell you guys what I forgot to tell you the other time. Totally forgot :yep:.

Due to the nature of how the game will work, I will be making a new thread for the actual game, this thread will remain a discussion thread.

So that prologue in the beginning is your personal story. You are not the only person that that woman gave the pill to. She also gave it to 9 other people and now you're all at Mount Grefflion, in different areas around it, trying to get to the woman so all of this can be fixed.

--

You will each have your own individual stories and will have to make decisions which will ultimately decide your fate. It's going to be like a Choose Your Own Adventure style thingy. This game will help me practise my creative writing

Your decisions will not always between life and death, sometimes the decisions you take will lead your to clues which then will be noted in The Journal. Sometimes a series decisions will take you back to where you came from, but is the area exactly the same as before? Are there be more clues to be discovered now?

Clues
    Sometimes you will come across things you can't explain, questions you can't answer or situations in where you cannot do anything. In those cases you should check the clues you have obtained to see if you can make sense of them.

For example, you may see a statue the first time and you won't be able to do anything, but if you find out a few days later due to a clue that some statues have hollow compartments located at the pedestal, you can go back to the statue and examine it in more detail. Leading you to find something that will help you advance further throughout the story.

Other clues will be about the lore of the game, for those of you interested in it

The Journal:
    This will be a feature of this game, essentially everyone's choices made and clues discovered will be recorded in a journal. You can access this journal at any-time by going to the OP and checking the spoiler.

This Journal is how everything will be kept nice and clean, Ill be using these types of spoilers, to make everything neat:

The Journal

These are just random examples, not how the real thing will be
    Clues
    Clue #1
    People die when they are killed
    Clue #2
    >Undiscovered<
    Clue #3
    Grass is usually green
    Clue #4
    >Undiscovered<
    Clue #5
    >Undiscovered<
    Clue #6
    >Undiscovered<

Stories

z33

z33 woke up with an orange in her hand
    LeyK
    LeyK found a batman mask

You will also sometimes need to look at the clues other people have discovered and snoop on other people's stories so you can gain the necessary information needed to solve a puzzle that you face, or deduce something about the woman that could advance you in the story.

This Journal will always be up-to-date, so if you need to check on new clues, you won't have to sift through pages and pages of discussion. This is all for your convenience so that the information you need is easy to get, and easy to come back to. So if you discover a clue, you won't have to go back to that exact post I made where I revealed it, you can just go to the OP, and look in the journal and read it again

--

BTW - 2 people already seem to think that this story has vampires in it.... it doesn't... so yeah... just saying. Just in case the other 8 of you think there are vampires here too.

===========
    SO that's the game, does it sound good or not? And does it sound not so time consuming?

If yes, then that's great
    If no, then feel free to withdraw, I don't mean that in a rude way, but I'm just saying, don't be afraid to withdraw from the game if this seems like too much for you. As I said, it's a practice for my creative writing, so even if we have like 3 people left, it'll still be good haha.

Let me know what you guys think!
    OMG THIS Is the coolest ****ing thing EVAR can we start now :eek: ??!?!

x
    Sounds good to me...kinda like Black Rose Manor but at the same time completely different. I like it! Could we interact with other players? Be in teams?

(Original post by z33)
    I agree...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Sounds good to me...kinda like Black Rose Manor but at the same time completely different. I like it! Could we interact with other players? Be in teams?
    it is! what happened to that game :/ no more quests?

im fangirling over this thread Axel Johann x'DDD
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    x
    This looks really exciting :yep:

(Original post by z33)
    it is! what happened to that game :/ no more quests?

just posted an update actually

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by z33)
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This looks really exciting :yep:
    I agree...
    Thank you guys :love:

We can't start now, I need to figure out the exact story and stuff Thought I do know how it's gonna end

(Original post by z33)
    :hugs:

Could we interact with other players? Be in teams?
    Not at the start no, but say if you take a peek at iEthan story and see he's currently at a blue statue, and you in your personal story see a blue statue like a few miles ahead of you, you could head to the blue statue, and iEthan could choose to stay where he is, so you can meet iEthan and team up with him then.

Or say if z33 is trapped in an ancient tower and can't escape, you might need to save her to team up with her. She might have to step on something inside the tower, and you may have to go around the tower and push something at the base of the tower for the door to open. But the only way you knew that you had to push something is because say LeyK found a clue (in the form of a news article) that was talking about how 4 years ago, a child was stuck in the tower and specific things had to be done before the door would open to allow the parents to retrieve their child.

Which is why it will be imperative, if you want maximum fun from this game, to snoop on other people's stories. And then discuss them amongst yourselves, so you can meet up with the people you want... or kill them :devil:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thank you guys :love:

We can't start now, I need to figure out the exact story and stuff Thought I do know how it's gonna end

:hugs:

Not at the start no, but say if you take a peek at iEthan story and see he's currently at a blue statue, and you in your personal story see a blue statue like a few miles ahead of you, you could head to the blue statue, and iEthan could choose to stay where he is, so you can meet iEthan and team up with him then.

Or say if z33 is trapped in an ancient tower and can't escape, you might need to save her to team up with her. She might have to step on something inside the tower, and you may have to go around the tower and push something at the base of the tower for the door to open. But the only way you knew that you had to push something is because say LeyK found a clue (in the form of a news article) that was talking about how 4 years ago, a child was stuck in the tower and specific things had to be done before the door would open to allow the parents to retrieve their child.

Which is why it will be imperative, if you want maximum fun from this game, to snoop on other people's stories. And then discuss them amongst yourselves, so you can meet up with the people you want... or kill them :devil:
    oh... my ... GOD
    this IS TOO COOL MAN
    nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    if you pull this off Ax (which I know you will) you... are... the best game maker/ creative person... on TSR
    that is just *___________*

(Original post by z33)
    oh... my ... GOD
    this IS TOO COOL MAN
    if you pull this off Ax (which I know you will) you... are... the best game maker/ creative person... on TSR
    yup....I totally 100% agree...

ReputationRep:
    yup....I totally 100% agree...
    Black Rose Manor is still up there though *_*
    i love the clues that gave, and the inventory thing
    and how quickly the story progressed - like a real time thing
    that was amazing
    so Ax is still to top that

(Original post by z33)
    that was amazing
    huh? omfg did you think I was being sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    huh? omfg did you think I was being sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
    no no no but i felt like giving you credit x'DDD

(Original post by z33)
    no no no but i felt like giving you credit x'DDD
    haha ok
    bit out of place on another person's thread but ok

ReputationRep:
    haha ok
    stop making me FEEL AWKWARD DAMMIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    that was amazing
    The map and only 5 traits was my idea
    but yeah, im gonna top that hahaha xD

(Original post by z33)
    oh... my ... GOD
    this IS TOO COOL MAN
    :woo: Thanks z33! :hugs:, i know right, i'm pretty proud of it myself

ReputationRep:
    haha ok
    (Original post by z33)
    stop making me FEEL AWKWARD DAMMIT
    lmao you two! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The map and only 5 traits was my idea
    but yeah, im gonna top that hahaha xD

:woo: Thanks z33! :hugs:, i know right, i'm pretty proud of it myself
    really :eek: the map thing was the coolest bit imo thats pretty cool
    you shall i believe in you

np :hugs:
    you should be! how does your brain even come up with stuff like tihs :eek:
    i think mine is broken - i need a new one

lmao you two! :rofl:
    sorry...
    z33

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.