The Student Room Group

How much work load does AS Chemistry contain compared to Double Science AQA GCSE

Just thought I'd like to see how much work is involved in Chemistry AS compared to GCSE Double Science AQA as I'm in year 11 and just was curious. My guess is that Double Science has more information to learn which is what I mean by work load btw, because it's a two year course yr 10 and yr 11. However, if Chemistry has more information to learn than GCSE Double Science could you tell me how much more.

Thanks.
I take AS Chemistry and find it hard. I got A*A* in double science but it's not necessarily the quanitiy that is difficult, it's the concepts and figuring things out that I find hard. I really makes you think. I you take it along with other sciences, I think you should be okay but for me its all on its lonesome. :frown: see AS levels below. I love it though and would advise you to take it if you enjoyed it at GCSE :biggrin:
A hell of a lot more, although it is a one year course for As you only have 4 subjects in most cases so more lessons of chemistry instead of gcses when you do more subjects. There are quite a few theories to get your head around and lots of facts to learn especially specific equations and under what conditions they occur. It is meant to be one of the hardest as levels but i think with work you can do well. Double science aqa which is what i did i found you could just learn the textbook this is probably the same with aqa chemistry as level however you have to be sure to understand it aswell. It is lots of hard work but can be quite fun.
Reply 3
GCSE double science was a lot lot easier compared to as chemistry. For one, in double science there wasn't really anything that was difficult to understand - you just had to remember it. for AS chemistry there are some things that may take you a while to get your head around. but though people say that chemistry is the hardest A level i personally don't find that and i don't think it's too hard.
I imagine AS Chemistry is a lot more intense. Some people have told me that there isn't, as such, so much to learn but the mathematical side is apparently much more involved and will need extra practice.
Reply 5
Wildebeest
I imagine AS Chemistry is a lot more intense. Some people have told me that there isn't, as such, so much to learn but the mathematical side is apparently much more involved and will need extra practice.

There's virtually NO maths in AS Chemistry.

Unless you can re-arranging equations maths. :rolleyes:

n = cv .... lol
It is much harder.
Reply 7
A LOT more work, but strangely satisfying...

Latest

Trending

Trending