Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Are you thinking about starting a postgraduate Master’s course in 2016/17? A new Postgraduate Loan is now available from Student Finance England to help you pay for your Master’s course.

As part of Student Money Week, we have a surgery dedicated to Postgraduate Loans where you can post your questions. We also have information on Postgraduate Loans on our student finance zone on The Student Room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Are you thinking about starting a postgraduate Master’s course in 2016/17? A new Postgraduate Loan is now available from Student Finance England to help you pay for your Master’s course.

As part of Student Money Week, we have a surgery dedicated to Postgraduate Loans where you can post your questions. We also have information on Postgraduate Loans on our student finance zone on The Student Room.
    Hi

Do you know when the opportunity will be to apply for this? And is it through the SFE again?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to apply for a loan while in the middle of my studies? I am currently starting a PGDip but have the opportunity to change to the Masters course after the first semester. Are there any provisions for conditional offers such as this?Or would I be able for the loan after the first semester?

Many thanks
    Carla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)

(Original post by Carla_Si91)
    Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to apply for a loan while in the middle of my studies? I am currently starting a PGDip but have the opportunity to change to the Masters course after the first semester. Are there any provisions for conditional offers such as this?Or would I be able for the loan after the first semester?

Many thanks
    Carla
    I'd also be interested in this question but for the PhD funding in 2018. I am on a funded PhD (three years) but I think I may have to take a fourth year. Would I be able to get a loan in the fourth year if I don't finish in time? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shook)
    I'd also be interested in this question but for the PhD funding in 2018. I am on a funded PhD (three years) but I think I may have to take a fourth year. Would I be able to get a loan in the fourth year if I don't finish in time? Cheers.
    If it's like the Postgrad Loan it's going to have a start date and won't apply to anyone whose PhD started before that date.

However, your guess is as good as ours at this point. Terms & conditions for the Postgrad Loan were only announced a few months ago, so we won't know for about the PhD loan for sure until much nearer the time.

At this point,I wouldn't go basing your financial plans on getting it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.