Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Beyonce Homage to Black Panthers Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It was the first line of your link. You don't have to be educated, you need to read more than the title.

Where have I said that history hasn't played a part in the negative state? Quote me on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't specifically say you did, theirs a lot of others i'm arguing with who seem to think it doesn't as you can see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chosenone93)
    Didn't specifically say you did, theirs a lot of others i'm arguing with who seem to think it doesn't as you can see.
    So why direct it at me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So why direct it at me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That part of the post wasn't necessarily for you, i cant bothered to quote individually nor do i care who winds this argument i'm just passing time tbh can't save the world from all narrow minds (again not necessarily aimed at you).

ReputationRep:
    exaggerating? i'm just going to ignore that before i get too heated because its obvious some of you are just racist acting like african americans all got together and said hey lets move to the ghetto and commit crime! They were practically dropped there from their homelands in a sink or swim situation and look at what the achievements they have bloody made.

I'm quite ignorant to the Israel/Palestine situation so i'm not going to even touch on it but a sad state of affairs,why do you ask?
    I said you're exaggerating because said 400 years, don't criticise other people's maths when you struggle reading.

You're talking about history, not the opportunities presented to African Americans in the present day. I won't deny that being white still serves as a benefit in virtually western country but don't pretend that everyone in the USA is a racist who hates blacks and wants to oppress them.

It's amazing how some people from ethnic minorities play the race card whenever they're challenged or disagreed with.

I asked because Jews have been oppressed for thousands of years so by your logic whatever they do toward Palestine is reasonable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    don't pretend that everyone in the USA is a racist who hates blacks and wants to oppress them.
    Where was that said?

I asked because Jews have been oppressed for thousands of years so by your logic whatever they do toward Palestine is reasonable
    Not once did i condone crime or say being a criminal is reasonable most of the crime blacks commit are against other blacks anyway so its clearly not a "pay back" thing like your making it out to be.
    There is an underlying cause of a lot of the negative stuff in their community which is all im arguing but i see everyone wants to twist my words so im done with this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    ITT: people invoke no true Scotsman seemingly without having a clue what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Where was that said?

Not once did i condone crime or say being a criminal is reasonable most of the crime blacks commit are against other blacks anyway so its clearly not a "pay back" thing like your making it out to be.
    There is an underlying cause of a lot of the negative stuff in their community which is all im arguing but i see everyone wants to twist my words so im done with this discussion.
    I notice you left a lot of what I said out.

You didn't explicitly say it, it's jus the impression you give off.

Well again you gave the impression you sympathise with African American criminals because of the perceived lack of job opportunities and denial of a 'decent life'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I notice you left a lot of what I said out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and i noticed how you completely overlooked the massively bigoted post i was initially quoting "why do black americans want to be gangster?" it was your total lack of context to my argument which led to your ridiculous assumption that i was condoning crime.

ReputationRep:
    and i noticed how you completely overlooked the massively bigoted post i was initially quoting "why do black americans want to be gangster?" it was your total lack of context to my argument which led to your ridiculous assumption that i was condoning crime.
    Someone else claimed that Asians in America are lovely and peaceful and, in your response, you sympathised with criminals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone else claimed that Asians in America are lovely and peaceful and, in your response, you sympathised with criminals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was my response about asians?? My goodness you are either trolling or the most obtuse person ever, you are all over the place.

I pointed out that it shouldn't be surprising that the race with the most brutal history in america are the ones committing the most crime .
    Its as if i said "its pay back time for the years of rape and slavery of black americans they should all kill and steal muwhahahahaha" now that would be sympathizing with criminals but all i did was state the correlation between history and the way some parts of that community have turned out.

ReputationRep:
    My goodness you are either trolling or the most obtuse person ever, all i did was point out that it shouldn't be surprising that the race with the most brutal history in america are the ones committing the most crime.
    Its as if i said "its pay back time for the years of rape and slavery of black americans they should all kill and steal muwhahahahaha"
    We have been through this, the Natives had a much more brutal history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We have been through this, the Natives had a much more brutal history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another fail at basic maths, the number of natives left in america isnt the same as blacks so of course the crime would be lower and tell me how it was more brutal i know its largely debated but you can stop repeating yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    TSR yet again gives me the impression that the only acceptable form of resistance against a discriminatory, repressive and inherently violent regime is a Ghandi-like pacifism. Anything else must be immediately denounced as terrorism.

Out there in the real world, things are more complex....
    Often the more peaceful "moderate" types only get what they want because of the more extreme lot. We won a load of right sand social victories in Britain for fear of a revolution like that seen in Russia. Our police were in danger of going awol. The fear of communism also played a big part in The New Deal in america. Lot of powerful people were convinced some moderate redistribution was needed to quell the threat of anything worse.

The same sort of thing applies to Malcom X (the more extreme one) and Martin Luther King (the "moderate").

ReputationRep:
    i've never seen so many ignorant, anti-black people in one post in my life. the world is actually a scary place

ReputationRep:
    Basically she's famous therefore everyone thinks what she is doing / supports is the right thing. She should stick to music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisolarsystem)
    i've never seen so many ignorant, anti-black people in one post in my life. the world is actually a scary place
    Its disgusting notice how they didnt have a problem with the racist comment about black americans yet im being hounded down for stating that there is a link between history and how some parts of the black american community has turned out, they should take their arse back to stormfront.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)
    White people have been enslaved. My ancestors were enslaved by the Normans and the Romans long before that.

We have moved on and don't give it a moments thought. African Americans need to do the same and stop playing the victim all the time and take responsibility for the actions of their own young who get sucked into drugs and gangs and crime, rather than blaming white people for all their problems.

By the way if you want to have credibility you need to learn not to play the "racism" card as you did in a later post.

As soon as you do that you lose all respect.
    This is a stupid comparison honestly, you're going to compare that to slavery+Jim crowa and the black codes? all of which were implemented to ensure the second class status of black people in america. I honestly despise statements like "get over it" like it was no big deal, the slavery of your ancestors had nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

ReputationRep:
    Its disgusting notice how they didnt have a problem with the racist comment about black americans yet im being hounded down for stating that there is a link between history and how some parts of the black american community has turned out, they should take their arse back to stormfront.
    There is most certainly a link, most people here would rather not acknowledge it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummerz)
    This is a stupid comparison honestly, you're going to compare that to slavery+Jim crowa and the black codes? all of which were implemented to ensure the second class status of black people in america. I honestly despise statements like "get over it" like it was no big deal, the slavery of your ancestors had nothing to do with the colour of their skin.
    Cheers for that lol i was struggling to lay it down and make them really feel stupid im really not one for the internet arguments but they could never come with that nonsense in real life they would be shut down instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Another fail at basic maths, the number of natives left in america isnt the same as blacks so of course the crime would be lower and tell me how it was more brutal i know its largely debated but you can stop repeating yourself.
    They had 90% of their population wiped out by the European settlers and then were forced to walk thousands of miles to reserves which they were forced to live on.

It wasn't until 1924 where they were allowed to become US citizens and did not get full rights until 1948.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.