Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you be annoyed if a guy made you pay for your drink Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lllllllllll)
    No, we're going for just a coffee haha. I'm broke for this entire month so one is more than enough :P
    Ooooh well that's totally different. Have you specified you're going for coffee? I thought you meant an alcoholic drink in which case for some reason some girls expect the guy to pay for their drink, but coffee I think you'd be safe with, she should fully expect to buy her own damn coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walking in glass)
    why should she expect him to pay for her drinks? why doesn't she pay for his drinks?
    bc OP was originally going to pay for drinks but he was skint

ReputationRep:
    Imo the person inviting should offer to pay for the invitee, male or female.

ReputationRep:
    if you told me (if I was the girl), than I would be happy to pay. if you don't say anything I would be really pissed.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    I don't let anyone pay for my drinks male or female, I don't like the idea of owe-ing someone something I would rather just buy my own drinks with my own money. Only accessions would be birthdays

ReputationRep:
    so I just asked this girl out for a drink and I'm seeing her tomorrow. Problem is I'm too broke to buy a drink, should I just get her to pay for it herself
    I am so glad that I don't have this problem. In my relationship we both agree to share the drinks. Men shouldn't always have to pay for everything.

Obviously now and again but some women out there expect the men to pay for literally everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    whats wrong with what i said?
    I misunderstood the OP, I thought the OP was saying they couldn't buy her drinks. I apologise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Ooooh well that's totally different. Have you specified you're going for coffee? I thought you meant an alcoholic drink in which case for some reason some girls expect the guy to pay for their drink, but coffee I think you'd be safe with, she should fully expect to buy her own damn coffee.
    I haven't told her we're going for coffee. I guess I should tell her

ReputationRep:
    I would made that clear, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Imo the person inviting should offer to pay for the invitee, male or female.
    This. Hope you have money for your own coffee at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    She can pay for her own drinks!

Equality 2k16
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lauren...b_3605582.html

ReputationRep:
    I feel for her (possible) future husband/wife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaneki)
    I feel for her (possible) future husband/wife.
    Here's an interesting post from another forum:

I skimmed the full article.

Women should run far, far, away from ANY male who refuses to take care of her the way she wants to be taken care of. That varies from woman to woman, but if the guy isn't doing your bare minimum, he should be off your radar.

And IMO all women should seek out guys who can do for them gladly, cheerfully, and willingly, whether it's financially, romantically, materialistically, or whatever. You can do bad by your damn self.

Women are treasures, and if a male is LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET WITH ONE, he needs to do whatever he can do to keep her happy and satisfied with him.

I'll take it even further and say don't just look for a guy who meets your requirements. Look for one who goes the extra mile and exceeds said requirements. Sorry-ass dudes deserve to stay single. Why reward them with your presence in a relationship--your time, your body, and your female energy?

Source

ReputationRep:
    At the same time as telling her you are gonna meet for coffee maybe tell her that you are broke this month but next month will be better. Hope it goes well. 😎
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    She can pay for her own drinks!

Equality 2k16
    And what do you know of equality when you constantly bash LGBT people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalail)
    And what do you know of equality when you constantly bash LGBT people
    I dont bash anyone..
    I just dont approve

ReputationRep:
    Too broke to pay a drink? I'm sorry if that's the truth, but then don't ask her out :/

It has nothing to do with the fact that she's a girl so you should pay, but imo if you ask someone out you have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Well if she's respectable she'll pay for her own drink "I'm an independent woman and I don't need no man.........paying for my drinks!". But since you asked her out I guess it would be polite.

ReputationRep:
    so I just asked this girl out for a drink and I'm seeing her tomorrow. Problem is I'm too broke to buy a drink, should I just get her to pay for it herself
    Probably would depend on the type of girl tbh. If she's a bit of a gold-digger she probably won't be impressed by your broke ass. If she's truly into you as a person though, she shouldn't mind and if I was in her situation I would be offering to pay for your drink aswell anyway

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I wouldn't even expect a guy to pay for my drinks, I feel guilty accepting things from others but really appreciate the thought. When paying just mention that you are a bit tight for cash and if she's the right girl she'll understand and just enjoy the night you had out together.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.