The Student Room Group

University of Toronto with these grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matt_levar
I've applied for Computer Science B.Sc and Mechanical Engineering at U of T

Honestly, I don't know. UoT is really weird sometimes in terms of admissions. They pretty much gave my friend an unconditional who had grades that are similar to yours but rejected another who had better scores... (Both for the courses you named)

Ofc it also depends on which campus you applied to. St Georges is def more competitive.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Honestly, I don't know. UoT is really weird sometimes in terms of admissions. They pretty much gave my friend an unconditional who had grades that are similar to yours but rejected another who had better scores... (Both for the courses you named)

Ofc it also depends on which campus you applied to. St Georges is def more competitive.

Just checked my status at U of T, and it says Refused, under the Decision bit. What seems quite alarming is the fact that they update an applicant with a rejection with just one word, rather than with a formal letter. Quite sad tbh. Is there any way I can appeal stating that I've resat my modules this month, and will know the grades on March, and if the AS grades increase by a letter grade, would they reconsider my admission?
Just checked my status at U of T, and it says Refused, under the Decision bit. What seems quite alarming is the fact that they update an applicant with a rejection with just one word, rather than with a formal letter. Quite sad tbh. Is there any way I can appeal stating that I've resat my modules this month, and will know the grades on March, and if the AS grades increase by a letter grade, would they reconsider my admission?

Knowing UoT I am actually not surprised, their admissions are pretty BM sometimes...

If the UoT course stated that they'll only consider "first attempt marks" then probably not but it wouldn't hurt to try. Send UoT admissions an email with your name and candidate number (if you have one) and your reason for an appeal and see what happens.

:console: is UoT your first choice? I am so sorry :frown:

It is my first choice😞. Also checked my UBC application status... got rejected for my first and second choice at the Vancouver campus, but the university admitted me for a third choice at the Okanagan campus (there's a reason I didn't choose Okanagan in the first place). This is honestly so depressing😓
It is my first choice😞. Also checked my UBC application status... got rejected for my first and second choice at the Vancouver campus, but the university admitted me for a third choice at the Okanagan campus (there's a reason I didn't choose Okanagan in the first place). This is honestly so depressing😓

:frown: that sucks, I'm sorry man! :console:

Okanagan is actually pretty nice from what I heard, just a tad bit isolated but you'll still get the advantages of an UBC education.
anybody here applying to Rotman Commerce?
Reply 66
did u do a levels ?
Guys what do you think my chances are at U of T or McGill for some business related courses. I have 5A*s 4As in O levels, 4As in AS and achieved an A*A*C in A level final year. The C is in language and has made it difficult for me to get in anywhere, please give it to me straight
Original post by Salman53101
Guys what do you think my chances are at U of T or McGill for some business related courses. I have 5A*s 4As in O levels, 4As in AS and achieved an A*A*C in A level final year. The C is in language and has made it difficult for me to get in anywhere, please give it to me straight

UoT might depend on campus, but it's definitely possible you could get admitted to one of the campus. (probably not Rotman though)

I don't remember what the displayed requirements are for McGill but if you don't meet those requirements the chances of you getting in is slim to none (from McGill admissions officer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
hello everybody i seeking to apply for uAlberta and queens (i got an A in chem A in phy A*in history B in eng first lang C in math o levels )and i got B in math B in phy and C in chem in A levels do u think i have a chance to get accepted
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 70
hello everybody im seeking to apply for uAlberta and queens i got an A in chem A in phy A*in history B in eng first lang C in math and i got B in math B in phy and C in chem in A levels do u think i have a chance to get accepted
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Salman53101

which subjects u got an A*A*C in A level
Original post by Cannon1
hello everybody im seeking to apply for uAlberta and queens i got an A in chem A in phy A*in history B in eng first lang C in math and i got B in math B in phy and C in chem in A levels do u think i have a chance to get accepted

Alberta maybe, Queens I don't think so but I am less familiar with their requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Alberta maybe, Queens I don't think so but I am less familiar with their requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what grades should i get to secure my place in alberta ?
Original post by Cannon1
what grades should i get to secure my place in alberta ?

BBB or ABB would have been more ideal tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
BBB or ABB would have been more ideal tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry for my frequent questions but should i retake math o levels does this make any difference ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Cannon1
sorry for my frequent questions but should i retake math o levels does this make any difference ?

I don't know about O levels (not British) sorry :/

No problem about the frequent questions, glad I could help somewhat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending