Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im just wondering on what the best options for work experience are.
    I currently have an option to go to India for 2 weeks of dental work experience or to just go to UK based dental hospitals for 2 weeks.
    Do universities prefer work experiences abroad or do they not care.
    What would be the better option...

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teukjae707)
    Hi
    I currently have an option to go to India for 2 weeks of dental work experience or to just go to UK based dental hospitals for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance
    From what i know, unis kind of prefer UK based work experience since you will be training to become a dentist in the UK so you should have an idea on how dentistry works here. Universities may also have a specific amount of work experience that they want you to have (you can check this on their website). However, if you can do work experience in india as extra then that would be good too.Try to also find work experience in a general dental practice.Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    From what i know, unis kind of prefer UK based work experience since you will be training to become a dentist in the UK so you should have an idea on how dentistry works here. Universities may also have a specific amount of work experience that they want you to have (you can check this on their website). However, if you can do work experience in india as extra then that would be good too.Try to also find work experience in a general dental practice.Hope this helps
    Thanks for the advice i think i will stick to the UK based dental hospitals for now as u say.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Can you tell me where you get the work experience information from? I'm willing to do some over the summer for my dental hygiene course😊 Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teukjae707)
    Hi

Thanks in advance
    Hi! Can you tell me where you get the work experience information from? I'm willing to do some over the summer for my dental hygiene course😊 Thanks a lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.