Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black tonsils Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have tonsillitis and I am taking penicillin to treat it. However not only is there white spots on my tonsils but there's also black. Any time I have had tonsillitis in the past they have never been black. Has anyone else ever had this? My doctor didn't seem too concerned so I'm assuming it's quite normal, but I've never seen it before and it's freaking me out a bit!
    • Welcome Squad

Hey,

The best thing to do is to actually go and physically see your GP to show them. Perhaps inform yourself on your symptoms by looking at it online, and seeing what might be the causes for the white spots or the darkening of your tonsils.

Hopefully you'll get better soon and I totally feel for you :console:

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Hey,

The best thing to do is to actually go and physically see your GP to show them. Perhaps inform yourself on your symptoms by looking at it online, and seeing what might be the causes for the white spots or the darkening of your tonsils.

Hopefully you'll get better soon and I totally feel for you :console:

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible.
    I showed my gp yesterday and although she seemed concerned she did not mention the black, only that it looked like a possible abscess. I'm producing ridiculous amounts of excess saliva too, never had this with tonsillitis before so I'm just not sure what's happening

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.