Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A friends friend fancies the same guy as me and want to send him a valentines message Watch

Announcements

Last summer I did my Silver Duke of Edinburgh award, in my team there was 5 girls and 2 boys. Over the course of the expeditions I got on really well with one of the guys. Afterwards I really fancied him but was too shy to say anything.But on the last night of our final expedition we were chatting as a group and he said that he liked this other girl from London and he went to her prom in June. That made my situation awkward.We are still really good friends and I still kind of have a crush on him.. But now we are doing our Gold Duke of Edinburgh together so I will get to spend a lot of time with him this year. My friend said that i should get to know him even better and then see how I feel about him after we have finished DofE. Which is great advice as I don't want to ruin our team's whole experience.But then this happened:Last week I was talking to a friend about going to the gym the next day (also the same gym where this guy goes) then one of her friends came over and showed us this valentines card message thing (are you a sharpie because you’re fine) and said she was going to send it to the guy that I like..! She joined our sixth form in September and hardly even talks to him but just watches him ( I mean he is fit but really!) Hopefully he will just read and ignore her message because of The girl from London he likes. But I don’t know if he still likes her and it's a bit personal to ask.... I want to tell my friends friend this otherwise she may be upset when he ignores her because she doesn’t know him. But I think she may do it anyway although if I don’t tell her seeing as I know this I feel really bad for her. But then I like him myself but can’t do anything… as I don’t want DofE to go badly for the whole team… but then if he asked me I would probably say yes because he initiated it but then does he still like this other girl or not? Help me!I'm going to wait until July and see how we are as friends then but should I tell my friends friend that he likes this other girl and won't be interested or will she ignore me..? What if he says yes to her, then what will I do?Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to tell your friend's friend that last year he liked another girl - you're just trying to put her off. Let her go for it if she wants to, as you aren't doing it. If you like him tell him; if you don't tell him you can't complain if he goes out with someone else.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    There's no need to tell your friend's friend that last year he liked another girl - you're just trying to put her off. Let her go for it if she wants to, as you aren't doing it. If you like him tell him; if you don't tell him you can't complain if he goes out with someone else.
    My friends friend guessed that I liked him so didn't send him anything (panic over) but... Last weekend I went on DofE training and he spend all weekend trying to get signal to text a girl in the year below called Emily. She went to my primary school and is so cocky and *****y. I logged onto Facebook today and saw that they are 'in a relationship' which makes me worried: a) because I still really like him and wish I'd told him whilst we were alone at the weekend talking about our friendship.b) he is so lovely he doesn't deserve to have to put up with someone so horrible (she's been keeping him up all night with her problems and he always complains that he's tired now.)c) he doesn't know about how she's treated other guys in the past, as she goes out partying nearly every weekend What should I do?! My best friend thinks that their relationship won't last because they are so different but in reality was she just telling me this because she knows how much I like him 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My friends friend guessed that I liked him so didn't send him anything (panic over) but... Last weekend I went on DofE training and he spend all weekend trying to get signal to text a girl in the year below called Emily. She went to my primary school and is so cocky and *****y. I logged onto Facebook today and saw that they are 'in a relationship' which makes me worried: a) because I still really like him and wish I'd told him whilst we were alone at the weekend talking about our friendship.b) he is so lovely he doesn't deserve to have to put up with someone so horrible (she's been keeping him up all night with her problems and he always complains that he's tired now.)c) he doesn't know about how she's treated other guys in the past, as she goes out partying nearly every weekend What should I do?! My best friend thinks that their relationship won't last because they are so different but in reality was she just telling me this because she knows how much I like him 😥
    Leave him to it. Just because she was a ***** in primary school (so aged 10!!!) doesn't mean she still is. You had your chance and you didn't do anything, and now he's happy with another girl. The fact that he spent the weekend trying to text her shows he likes her.

You want to put him off her because you like him, which is a bit out of order. You want to see the worst in her because you don't want him to be happy with her. You missed your chance to do anything, so unfortunately you need to just accept this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.