Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

RAF Pilot P2 Presentation what to expect and dress code? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a P2 presentatation on Thursday for my Pilot application and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this and could give me a heads up on what to expect and anything I need to know? Furthermore would a Black shirt, Tie, trousers and shoes be appropriate dress code?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Black shirt is a no-no. Not particularly Officer like. It may sound snobbish, but it's fact.

ReputationRep:
    It's a presentation. Take a note book and pen. Be prepared to ask questions (ie, have a few ready).

And to the above point: never wear a shirt that's darker than your tie. Get a white shirt - primark do basic things which are perfect.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    primark do basic things which are perfect.

Have some standards, chap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)

Have some standards, chap!
    When you have money and a reason to wear nice clothes, then get nice clothes.

When you just want something presentable, go with the basics.

And I'd wager that Primark clothing is better put together than uniform is.

ReputationRep:
    To answer the question, smart, not smart casual. Notepad and pen, and also all of the paperwork they've asked you to fill out/bring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    When you have money and a reason to wear nice clothes, then get nice clothes.

When you just want something presentable, go with the basics.

And I'd wager that Primark clothing is better put together than uniform is.
    Amen to that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.