Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Sorry to post something like this on here but I am an absolute idiot when it comes to Maths.

I got 51 from an essay (worth 33% of the final module mark) and am absolutely devastated. How much would I need to get from my exam (worth 66%) to get a 2.1 (for my uni a 2.1 starts from 60) in this module?

Also another question: does a 20 credit module count less for the final graduation grade than a 30 credit module?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    You need 64.5 in the exam to get a 2:1. (I rounded up to 1/3 and 2/3 because 33% and 66% is still missing 1%)

Yes, of course a 30 credit module is worth more than a 20 credit module. (50% more, or 33% less, however you like to phrase it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    You need 64.5 in the exam to get a 2:1. (I rounded up to 1/3 and 2/3 because 33% and 66% is still missing 1%)

Yes, of course a 30 credit module is worth more than a 20 credit module. (50% more, or 33% less, however you like to phrase it)
    I can't thank you enough for this, thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphorie)
    I can't thank you enough for this, thank you very much!
    For in future here is a quick website to work it all out for you easily

http://philellwood.com/modulemarks/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    For in future here is a quick website to work it all out for you easily

http://philellwood.com/modulemarks/
    This is INCREDIBLE. Bookmarked the link haha, thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.