Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She lead me on, don't know what to feel Watch

Announcements

So me and this girl we have gotten close, but she ended up leading me on. I
    Will try and give a whole picture

**WHY I THOUGHT SHE LIKED ME**
    - I always caught her looking at me, from across the room
    - she will text me first, she used to get sad if I didn't ask her out
    - she noticed every girl I talked to, even if it had no meaning to get jealous.
    - touch barrier is non existent,
    - she compliments me
    - she is shy and awkward, but around me she isn't.
    - we have kissed before, drunk, but I was going to happen.

SATURDAY
    - after a while not seeing her, we went out last night
    - we started flirting, we was about to kiss, but I stopped and asked "if she liked anyone" I did this because I felt spelt Bing was right.
    She then said "she is in love with this guy who she met 5 years ago" she didn't say what relationship status was, clearly not much is she kissed me before Christmas. She said this guy was coming over, and she was excited.

- I stormed out of the restaurant, we argued on the street, she then said "tell me your true feelings" this is something I wasn't prepared to do after what she said earlier. I walked off and she text me " come back we can sort this". I said some nasty things out of anger
    - she text me saying last night was bad, nothing else was said

- on Monday I went out with this girl, took some pics. The girl messages me, that night asking if she is allowed to ask me a personal question. I ignore her.

Today, first lecture I am waiting for my friend, I turnaround and see her, she smiles and I just look away.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    - firstly I cannot process the information, she is a close friend but she lead me on
    - she did actually care about me, so many things she did, without me asking, she helped me loads, and supported me in loads of problems.
    - I miss her but I am also angry at the same time

ReputationRep:
    5 years ago?? She is really clutching at straws here. She sounds really cold, she definitely was throwing signals at you by what you've described above. Very manipulative, not sure I would stay friends with her.

ReputationRep:
    Drop her and move on.

ReputationRep:
    She obviously has some kind of hidden agenda, please make sure you are not part of it.

ReputationRep:
    That girl is heartless how is she gonna tell you that just before dipping in for a kiss lmaoooooooo girls are ruthless. You asked her a question and she answered honestly.

Does she like you at all though, did you ask? You might be a rebound that doesn't mean she can't ever like or love you eventually.

(Original post by whorace)
    5 years ago?? She is really clutching at straws here. She sounds really cold, she definitely was throwing signals at you by what you've described above. Very manipulative, not sure I would stay friends with her.
    To be honest I think it was more than 5,

Yeah her signs were too obvious she liked me? Or I was just good at spotting them.

I do appreciate all the nice things she has done, that's why I'm confused if I want to still be friends.

But I know for sure if we become friends, it won't be as fun for her, as she treated like a normal girl.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    That girl is heartless how is she gonna tell you that just before dipping in for a kiss lmaoooooooo girls are ruthless. You asked her a question and she answered honestly.

Does she like you at all though, did you ask? You might be a rebound that doesn't mean she can't ever like or love you eventually.
    (Original post by C_tinie_D)
    She obviously has some kind of hidden agenda, please make sure you are not part of it.
    Like what would of happened if I kept mouth shut and kissed her.

This being said, i feel sorry for the guy she loves.

I am going to ignore her and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To be honest I think it was more than 5,

Yeah her signs were too obvious she liked me? Or I was just good at spotting them.

I do appreciate all the nice things she has done, that's why I'm confused if I want to still be friends.

But I know for sure if we become friends, it won't be as fun for her, as she treated like a normal girl.
    Nah she was really leading you on, my ex gave me the exact same signals as above and it was pretty damn obvious she liked me, either she does like you or she is faking it (and she is very good at faking it). I think it's the latter sorry, don't bother being friends with someone who manipulates you like that, they're toxic.

ReputationRep:

You must move on otherwise she will drag you back. Maybe you will see her and for one second you will get false hopes. You will be trapped in that cycle of misery for a long time, if she knows she is doing it, it is even worse.

If I may, next time try not to get so attached before everything is official.

(Original post by whorace)
    Nah she was really leading you on, my ex gave me the exact same signals as above and it was pretty damn obvious she liked me, either she does like you or she is faking it (and she is very good at faking it). I think it's the latter sorry, don't bother being friends with someone who manipulates you like that, they're toxic.
    I said the signs were to obvious to spot, so they were fake. That's what I tried to say.

Like today she smiled at me like nothing's happened, if I didn't look away she would of came and talked to me.

And you right, you see loads of guys for year fall into these cycles.

ReputationRep:
    Lol what the ****? Just reply to her, talk about it and your feelings and if she is still being manipulative then move on.

You'll never know unless you're 100% certain..maybe she was trying to make you jealous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Limerence.)
    Lol what the ****? Just reply to her, talk about it and your feelings and if she is still being manipulative then move on.

You'll never know unless you're 100% certain..maybe she was trying to make you jealous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jealous by telling me, she loves another guy, and that they kissed.
    I bet they more than kissed,I'm sure.

ReputationRep:

Good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limerence.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He flat out asked who she liked and she didn't even mention him. What more is there to talk about?

ReputationRep:
    Deep

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.