Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I wanted to make sure I could log on cause on AS results day in August, I got locked out on the day and then I had an 8 hour flight right after :cry2: So I didn't want to be sh**ting myself for 8 hours lol
    Yikes! That blows. :eek: it's horrid. Why couldn't you log on? Forgot your username/password or other issues? My centre doesn't even know what ResultsPlus is, I'll be waiting for Edexcel to send paper copies of my results and I'll probably get it like half a month after results day. Joy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yikes! That blows. :eek: it's horrid. Why couldn't you log on? Forgot your username/password or other issues? My centre doesn't even know what ResultsPlus is, I'll be waiting for Edexcel to send paper copies of my results and I'll probably get it like half a month after results day. Joy. :rolleyes:
    Oh wow that's tough - so how do you find out if you've got accepted to your firm? And how do you get your STEP results?

Yeah if you mistype it 3 times it just locks even if you remember your security question -.- And those rack up so apparently I had mistyped twice sometime before - once on the day and that was it

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that's tough - so how do you find out if you've got accepted to your firm? And how do you get your STEP results?

Yeah if you mistype it 3 times it just locks even if you remember your security question -.- And those rack up so apparently I had mistyped twice sometime before - once on the day and that was it
    I get STEP results through Assessment Testing Services, nothing to do with my centre. I'll be getting most of my grades in March, with only a few in August, and hopefully the A-Levels won't be an issue, so if I get good STEP results I should know whether I'm in or not even if I don't my know my A-Level results. It's going to be so stressful when I hear people getting their results on the 3rd of March on TSR but I'll only get mine like the 15th if I'm lucky or something. :lol:

That's the dumbest thing ever! It racks up like that? Overkill security. My bank account is less secure than that. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I get STEP results through Assessment Testing Services, nothing to do with my centre. I'll be getting most of my grades in March, with only a few in August, and hopefully the A-Levels won't be an issue, so if I get good STEP results I should know whether I'm in or not even if I don't my know my A-Level results. It's going to be so stressful when I hear people getting their results on the 3rd of March on TSR but I'll only get mine like the 15th if I'm lucky or something. :lol:

That's the dumbest thing ever! It racks up like that? Overkill security. My bank account is less secure than that. :rofl:
    Oooh okay that's cool then - yeah I'm sure A levels will be fine How are you doing with Physics btw? And when does STEP come through? Ahh I feel for you - that really sucks

Ikr like who tf is gonna be like "muhahahah gonna hack his ResultsPlus and get his results!!!!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    Oooh okay that's cool then - yeah I'm sure A levels will be fine How are you doing with Physics btw? And when does STEP come through? Ahh I feel for you - that really sucks

Ikr like who tf is gonna be like "muhahahah gonna hack his ResultsPlus and get his results!!!!!!!"
    ...haven't even started Physics, honestly can't muster up the motivation to. I'll start sometime in March. :no:

"Forget hacking his nudes, let's get his Results and blackmail him with that!!!" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ...haven't even started Physics, honestly can't muster up the motivation to. I'll start sometime in March. :no:

"Forget hacking his nudes, let's get his Results and blackmail him with that!!!" :lol:
    Ooh okay - but you've done AS or are you doing the full thing in a year?

:toofunny: PRSOM "Screw that massive celebrity nudes spread - We've gotta post the Cambridge results online!!!!!!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    Ooh okay - but you've done AS or are you doing the full thing in a year?

:toofunny: PRSOM "Screw that massive celebrity nudes spread - We've gotta post the Cambridge results online!!!!!!!!!"
    Yeah, finished AS. Just units 4, 5 and 6 to self-teach and practice. I did alright with learning AS Physics in like 2 weeks, so I'm hoping the same goes with A2. ****s sake, I learnt Unit 3 AS a few days before the exam. :lol:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, finished AS. Just units 4, 5 and 6 to self-teach and practice. I did alright with learning AS Physics in like 2 weeks, so I'm hoping the same goes with A2. ****s sake, I learnt Unit 3 AS a few days before the exam. :lol:

:rofl:
    Ooh okay so did you get your results yet? Or did you do those in Jan.

Do you do the IAL Unit 3 alternative to practical btw?

You'll be fine imho A2 Physics is better than AS

ReputationRep:
    Ooh okay so did you get your results yet? Or did you do those in Jan.

Do you do the IAL Unit 3 alternative to practical btw?

You'll be fine imho A2 Physics is better than AS
    Thank **** for that. :lol: Nah, did them in Jan. Results in March, did the ATP yeah. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thank **** for that. :lol: Nah, did them in Jan. Results in March, did the ATP yeah. :yep:
    Ooh cool!

Yeah at AS the boundaries are just stupid lol like 60/80 for full UMS on Unit 1/2 you've got to be joking.. But then the Unit 3 has pretty bad boundaries.

In A2 though the only one with harsh boundaries is Unit 4 (last 2 papers barring J2016 have been 73/74 for full) but tbf they are rather easy.

Unit 5 has good boundaries and Unit 6, unlike Unit 3, has nice boundaries for full. So you should be good!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh cool!

Yeah at AS the boundaries are just stupid lol like 60/80 for full UMS on Unit 1/2 you've got to be joking.. But then the Unit 3 has pretty bad boundaries.

In A2 though the only one with harsh boundaries is Unit 4 (last 2 papers barring J2016 have been 73/74 for full) but tbf they are rather easy.

Unit 5 has good boundaries and Unit 6, unlike Unit 3, has nice boundaries for full. So you should be good!
    I think the boundaries for AS are like that because of how crap their marking is. The markscheme is so shite and unpredictable that students just can't score highly in terms of raw. :dontknow: Yeah, unit 3 boundaries are baaaad.

I haven't seen Unit 4, I hope it's as easy as you say. :eek: Thanks
    !

ReputationRep:
    I think the boundaries for AS are like that because of how crap their marking is. The markscheme is so shite and unpredictable that students just can't score highly in terms of raw. :dontknow: Yeah, unit 3 boundaries are baaaad.

I haven't seen Unit 4, I hope it's as easy as you say. :eek: Thanks
    !
    True - also a lot of people drop AS because they find it "hard" - and yeah some things are just bull on the MS/ER

It really is! Like I got full raw on Jan/June 2015 U4 which explains the high boundaries - I'm sure you'll replicate lol

ReputationRep:
    True - also a lot of people drop AS because they find it "hard" - and yeah some things are just bull on the MS/ER

It really is! Like I got full raw on Jan/June 2015 U4 which explains the high boundaries - I'm sure you'll replicate lol
    Full raw? Daaaamn. I don't think you're a fair benchmark though, given how much you like Physics. I've never understood any of that magnetic/electric fields crap. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Full raw? Daaaamn. I don't think you're a fair benchmark though, given how much you like Physics. I've never understood any of that magnetic/electric fields crap. :lol:
    I was thinking the same but it's fairly simplified at A2 And you're doing M3 right? Honestly that just blows the mechanics portions over as if they were nothing

ReputationRep:
    I've done M3 January 2009. Didn't mark it because there were too many distractions, but it seemed all okay apart from one question and I got one of those gross practical SHM questions, so I'm more or less satisfied with my M3 prep for mocks

FP3 vectors still needs a lot of work, but it's 7:30 in the evening and I can't spend all day on maths... Time to start Physics 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)

FP3 vectors still needs a lot of work, but it's 7:30 in the evening and I can't spend all day on maths... Time to start Physics 5.
    Can't spend all your day working either, take a break!

ReputationRep:
    Productive day, but I'm starting to zone out so I'll call it a night. I've done enough revision for today - covered FP2, did an M3 past paper, covered a chunk of FP3 vectors (still a lot to go!) and I covered Physics Unit 5 astrophysics.

By the way Zacken, there are some "adapted" FP2 past papers from pre 2009 in case you're worried about running out of past papers. There are plenty of legacy papers on the Edexcel website, too.

Goals for tomorrow:
    • Finish FP3 vectors and work through TeeEm's workbooks
    • Do C4 June 2015 as a mock
    • Revise % uncertainties for Physics Unit 6
    • Do FP2 June 2002 as a mock

ReputationRep:
    Productive day, but I'm starting to zone out so I'll call it a night. I've done enough revision for today - covered FP2, did an M3 past paper, covered a chunk of FP3 vectors (still a lot to go!) and I covered Physics Unit 5 astrophysics.

By the way Zacken, there are some "adapted" FP2 past papers from pre 2009 in case you're worried about running out of past papers. There are plenty of legacy papers on the Edexcel website, too.

Goals for tomorrow:
    • Finish FP3 vectors and work through TeeEm's workbooks
    • Do C4 June 2015 as a mock
    • Revise % uncertainties for Physics Unit 6
    • Do FP2 June 2002 as a mock
    Nice one! I found some links actually for some good Unit 6 uncertainties revision ages ago - would you like them?

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! I found some links actually for some good Unit 6 uncertainties revision ages ago - would you like them?
    Yeah, sure. I actually have my own notes but it can't hurt to cross check I love Unit 6, it's so enjoyable for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sure. I actually have my own notes but it can't hurt to cross check I love Unit 6, it's so enjoyable for some reason
    Not sure I can say the same as I've only done one paper - but it seemed alright

Here ya go

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.