The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indeterminate
That's true :yep:

Personally I'll be keen to see how university life in the US differs from here because I've heard so much about it :biggrin:

I think the disparity is more at undergrad (which slightly scares me what with all the nutjob greek life and their dangerous ceremonies) but I hope I can stay true to myself, stay away from the bad stuff when I go and make the most of my opportunities :yep:

I'm confident in postgrad it's much more professional between students and faculty :smile:
Original post by Student403
I think the disparity is more at undergrad (which slightly scares me what with all the nutjob greek life and their dangerous ceremonies) but I hope I can stay true to myself, stay away from the bad stuff when I go and make the most of my opportunities :yep:

Ngl that sounds very interesting, but I'd probably find it quite unsettling as well! :lol: Good luck! :tongue:

I'm confident in postgrad it's much more professional between students and faculty :smile:

Ah, that sounds good! :biggrin:
Ngl that sounds very interesting, but I'd probably find it quite unsettling as well! :lol: Good luck! :tongue:

Ah, that sounds good! :biggrin:

Yeah - it seems more for people who have "experiencing college life and crossing the line a bit" as part of their goals when they go to uni, which happens to be a lot of people in the US
Yeah - it seems more for people who have "experiencing college life and crossing the line a bit" as part of their goals when they go to uni, which happens to be a lot of people in the US

I see :biggrin: Well it's similar over here, but I get the impression that things tend to slightly overboard in the states (in comparison) :lol:
I see :biggrin: Well it's similar over here, but I get the impression that things tend to slightly overboard in the states (in comparison) :lol:

Ahh I'm sure! Did you find it easy staying away from that stuff?
Ahh I'm sure! Did you find it easy staying away from that stuff?

Errrrr.... not really! :ninja: Perhaps because London's a 'happening place', and people are bound to 'inherit' the culture that they're exposed to :redface:

Cambridge looks very sophisticated tho :tongue:
Errrrr.... not really! :ninja: Perhaps because London's a 'happening place', and people are bound to 'inherit' the culture that they're exposed to :redface:

Cambridge looks very sophisticated tho :tongue:

Ohh okay :smile: Perhaps it will be different in a more campus-y environment?

Oh yes - I'm sure you'll have a very interesting year!
Ohh okay :smile: Perhaps it will be different in a more campus-y environment?

I'd imagine so :yep:

Oh yes - I'm sure you'll have a very interesting year!

Hopefully! Besides I've always been keen on the whole 'traditional' aspect of it :biggrin:
I'd imagine so :yep:

Hopefully! Besides I've always been keen on the whole 'traditional' aspect of it :biggrin:

Well all the best! :h:

Part III graduation ceremony. :rofl:
Well all the best!

Ty :h: PRSOM :frown:

Original post by Zacken
Part III graduation ceremony. :rofl:

:laugh:

Tbh I think I'd love it, even more so if I do well :h:
Reply 151
you guys are awesome, seriously :biggrin::yep:
Reply 152
@Zacken and @Student403, I'll be submitting my registration stuff tomorrow. Do you think I should sign up for S3? Last chance to!
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
@Zacken and @Student403, I'll be submitting my registration stuff tomorrow. Do you think I should sign up for S3? Last chance to!

YES! If you do it, I will. No lie.

Yes bro better safe than sorry :smile:
Reply 155
Original post by Zacken
YES! If you do it, I will. No lie.

Registering for it then! :biggrin:
Registering for it then! :biggrin:

Soooo, any clue on how you're going to study it? Have you found any textbooks or thingies?
Reply 157
Today's entry:

I spent the whole day trying to cover FP3 after today's mocks. Vectors weren't even close to as difficult as I initially imagined them to be, but there is a lot more content than I imagined; some fairly abstract stuff with the potential to be very difficult. The conics section has some tricky questions even though the concepts involved are fairly straightforward. Not sure if I'll be able to get this module down perfectly, but here's hoping for the best. I am starting to enjoy the little bits of linear algebra I've faced in A-level Further Maths, so that can't be a bad thing!

On another hand, I haven't revised Physics Unit 5 at all - going to do it tomorrow.

Spoiler

Reply 158
Original post by Zacken
Soooo, any clue on how you're going to study it? Have you found any textbooks or thingies?

I have a textbook for it. Looking at the content is giving me a headache though. I'm going to try finding a PDF for you. I had one in my computer but I deleted it when I got my hands on a physical copy.
love you man #nohomo

What I want more is for Zacken and KTA to meet their offers. I've got it almost unconditional.

Thank you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending