Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have a interview next week with Hartpury college for veterinary nursing and wanted some tips on what happens and what to expect in the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollymcclelland)
    Hello,
    I have a interview next week with Hartpury college for veterinary nursing and wanted some tips on what happens and what to expect in the interview?
    Hey well done for getting an interview☺️ So when you get there, after listening to a PowerPoint by the lecturer, you'll be split into two groups, one half does the tour first and one does the interview first. Once you start the interview part you'll do a ten minute question test, pretty easy. And then the presentations begin, most girls at mine including myself had a PowerPoint but some did just have notes or improvise. Whilst this is happening who ever was with you parent or guardian will be talked to by their financial advisor. Don't get too stressed and good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview at Hartpury, during the presentations does everyone sit in for each others or is it just you in front of college staff (lecturers/admissions)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracePidgeon94)
    I also have an interview at Hartpury, during the presentations does everyone sit in for each others or is it just you in front of college staff (lecturers/admissions)?
    It's in front of everyone there but don't worry cause everyone feels just as nervous. There was about ten of us in mine.

ReputationRep:
    With your presentation and ones you saw,what kind of things were included? so far I have done "why veterinary nursing?" "why equine?" And "why hartpury?" Was wondering if including stuff about work experience etc is worth while.

ReputationRep:
    With your presentation and ones you saw,what kind of things were included? so far I have done "why veterinary nursing?" "why equine?" And "why hartpury?" Was wondering if including stuff about work experience etc is worth while.
    I did those sort of questions and answers but i didn't get given a place. I would try mix up as much as you can to make your self stand out! So yeah I would deffo add about work expierience !

ReputationRep:
    Work experience is a really important part to include, it will help them remember you and it will show that your really interested in working in practice. Try to squeeze in any other work exp you might have i.e. kennels/catteries/shelters/yard or personal experiences with animals such as your own pets! Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.