Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's The Point Of Friendship? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by RomanKing)
    Now we're getting to the core of your question...

For the sake of lots of writing; the purpose or point of life subjectively is down to what you believe in anyway. Things such as religion help people with that; religion is a form of hope and purpose.

But when we generally speak the point of your life is just to live...
    That's it.

The purpose of life is to live.

Now, whether you feel okay and content knowing that or not is another thing.
    If you're depressed about how meaningless this life may seem to you for multiple reasons then you need to adjust yourself to appreciate it for what it is in whatever way possible such as making good friends(this is one of the best ways because like i mentioned, we're social beings and your close surroundings influence how you feel tremendously), travelling etc. You need to find your purpose in this life.

Regardless of what it is that you do in your life we're all living the same experience...

Look at this photo from the International Space Station

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...55129377439384

Please also look at this photo from the Voyager 1
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...55129487225211

Always look at life from a 'birds eye perspective' or 'top down' perspective.
    Look down onto yourself in order to uplift yourself.

Ask me anything else if you're confused.
    Also, the words I write to you will not magically better you overnight I'm merely a guide guiding you into the light you have to walk...
    Thank you for this. I want to be an astrophysicist and these images are just beautiful.

I will try to change my mentality. I think I just definitely need to focus on the beauty around me, even if I'm not surrounded by the best people.

Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for this. I want to be an astrophysicist and these images are just beautiful.

I will try to change my mentality. I think I just definitely need to focus on the beauty around me, even if I'm not surrounded by the best people.

Thank you so much
    My pleasure young one, my pleasure....

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel like friendship is so temporary there is not point even trying? What's the point of buying my friend a birthday present when in two years (maybe less) we probably won't be in contact?

I just don't see the point...
    Personally i have not have proper friendships for two years now and im starting to crack from solitude and being invisible this is coming from a 6 foot 1 tall male

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in human behaviour and the mind. Somehow somewhere people (maybe on TSR) who suffer from a type of loneliness or long term solitude should arrange to meet up at a pub or similar, hang out and talk. It'd be interesting because I think there'd be more similarities between the people than you think especially when they are going through similar circumstances. I'd go- and it's a great way to make friends !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm interested in human behaviour and the mind. Somehow somewhere people (maybe on TSR) who suffer from a type of loneliness or long term solitude should arrange to meet up at a pub or similar, hang out and talk. It'd be interesting because I think there'd be more similarities between the people than you think especially when they are going through similar circumstances. I'd go- and it's a great way to make friends !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sound like a nice concept, but some people will we wary of meeting strangers online...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    If your "friends" are nice to you but rall about you behind your back then they're not really your friends. And we all need friendship, they are there to have fun with and good times
    If I heard a friend of mine talk behind my back like that I would be very angry with them, if they didn't get the message we would not be in contact anymore

ReputationRep:
    Sound like a nice concept, but some people will we wary of meeting strangers online...
    Yeah I understand that but people do that everyday these days... that concept will be much safer as it's a big group; not meeting a stranger one on one !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I understand that but people do that everyday these days... that concept will be much safer as it's a big group; not meeting a stranger one on one !
    That migbt be a good idea to make money create a tinder version of making friends and seeing them in a public place

ReputationRep:
    Have fun and do things with them. It's always better to do things with other people.

Without friends everything looks so empty.

But it bothers me too the fact that in a few seconds some people are ready to give up an amazing friendship. That's life I guess.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to have friendship if you not value it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.