Turn on thread page Beta

Does volunteering lead to a job watch

ReputationRep:
    I heard that volunteering can lead you a job do most volunteering places offer you a job at the end of it?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think so.

ReputationRep:
    Not normally no. If you want a job you need to apply to one. Volunteering tends to look nice on a CV but ultimately wont get you a job.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. Depends where you volunteer but you'd likely still have to apply when a job opening comes up. The place I volunteer at, there are some volunteers that have been volunteering there for over five years.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks guys

I was a volunteer at the hospital at which I currently work before I got a job there. I'd say that being a volunteer didn't get me the job, but having a very good knowledge of the hospital and it's processes certainly helped a lot in my interview.

I still had to apply for the job like everybody else though.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.