Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So it looks like this is actually happening. Is anyone more clear than I on how likely this is to be a real thing?

If so, does anyone know when the applications will open? Will it be for any masters degree? What about in Scotland?

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Bright Eyes)
    So it looks like this is actually happening. Is anyone more clear than I on how likely this is to be a real thing?
    There have been government announcements, a lot of detail about eligibility and the SFE rep on TSR is definitely talking about it as a done deal. Until they open applications, that's what we have.

does anyone know when the applications will open?
    No date announced yet. Undergrad SF applications look like they'll open at the end of this month, so it seems logical the the postgrad system might open at the same time. That's guesswork though.

Will it be for any masters degree?
    Masters degrees at public unis, but apart than that I'm not aware of subject restrictions,

What about in Scotland?
    The loan will only be for English residents and EU students, although it will cover them studying for a Masters at unis in Scotland, Wales and NI. Scotland is looking into the possibility of Masters loans for Scottish residents, but I don't think there's anything concrete yet.

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of great info on the loans here: http://www.findamasters.com/funding/...ns-scheme.aspx

:-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.