Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

K-Pop Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senpai)
    Anyone listen to GFRIEND o.o
    Yesssss!!! I got into them after i watched a video of them on weekly idol performing Rough at X 2 speed and it was amazing!! I have great respect for girl groups who dance well and hard - they are so in sync it amazing. I cant stop listening to Rough i really hope they become a top tier group!!

ReputationRep:
    I am not a K-Pop fan but as I was once involved with someone who was a big fan, I managed to get a bit of a taste for it.

I don't listen to Korean music often at all but I do rather like It G Ma by Keith Ape, and I am smitten by Fiestar. I know quite a lot of K-Pop songs but not enough to really be a fan, as I do not follow it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I am not a K-Pop fan but as I was once involved with someone who was a big fan, I managed to get a bit of a taste for it.

I don't listen to Korean music often at all but I do rather like It G Ma by Keith Ape, and I am smitten by Fiestar. I know quite a lot of K-Pop songs but not enough to really be a fan, as I do not follow it.
    But How can you not follow it, if you don't mind me asking? It is soo hard to get out of once you're in it ahaaha ... I need help. I guess everyone has there own preferences.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was Dope and I had seen stuff about him on tumblr and I was like BAE!1!111 (he's still bae though lol)

Which ones have you watched? What would you reccommend? I used to be addicted but now I can barely finish an episode because the female characters annoy me so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justastudent321)
    But How can you not follow it, if you don't mind me asking? It is soo hard to get out of once you're in it ahaaha ... I need help. I guess everyone has there own preferences.
    Speaking anecdotally, most people I knew who were big K-Pop fans were generally teens on the younger end. So when I was around them when they were going crazy over Luhan or whatever, I had my own obsessions.

I think, I also don't really hear K-Pop the conventional way through tumblr or mnet or whatever it is people use, the first K-Pop song I heard was some Seungri song on a hair styling video and I found Fiestar through some League of Legends video.

I did have a phase where I was really into the K-Pop or Korean style but I mostly kept it to myself because it was a bit weird haha. I even tried getting into K-Dramas but I only watched one, although it was AMAZING! Seriously 'My Love from the Star' made me feel a lot of feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking anecdotally, most people I knew who were big K-Pop fans were generally teens on the younger end. So when I was around them when they were going crazy over Luhan or whatever, I had my own obsessions.

I think, I also don't really hear K-Pop the conventional way through tumblr or mnet or whatever it is people use, the first K-Pop song I heard was some Seungri song on a hair styling video and I found Fiestar through some League of Legends video.

I did have a phase where I was really into the K-Pop or Korean style but I mostly kept it to myself because it was a bit weird haha.
    I hope I grow out of soon ahaha ..I am 18 ffs. Tbh I have always been interested in Japanese culture since I was a kid from visiting there. Throught my whole teenage years , even until now I listen(ed) to J-Rock , my friends found me weird particularly the visual kei stuff ,so I just keep it all to myself now ahaha. Now I am stuck in this K-pop world..

ReputationRep:
    I hope I grow out of soon ahaha ..I am 18 ffs. Tbh I have always been interested in Japanese culture since I was a kid from visiting there. Throught my whole teenage years , even until now I listen(ed) to J-Rock , my friends found me weird particularly the visual kei stuff ,so I just keep it all to myself now ahaha. Now I am stuck in this K-pop world..
    Yep sounds a lot like the people I knew, albeit I was super into anime when I was a bit younger, now not so much. I used to find it kinda weird cause my ex-girlfriend was so crazy about K-Pop and I was always a bit jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisolarsystem)
    Mine was Dope and I had seen stuff about him on tumblr and I was like BAE!1!111 (he's still bae though lol)

Which ones have you watched? What would you reccommend? I used to be addicted but now I can barely finish an episode because the female characters annoy me so much!
    Haha yup!

I've watched quite a few:
    - To The Beautiful You
    - Heartstrings
    - City Hunter
    - Surplus Princess
    - The Moon Embracing The Sun
    - Iljimae
    - Rooftop Prince
    - Doctor Stranger
    - Pinocchio
    I recommend all of these tbh, but some may have the "annoying" female lead. But still, they're good! (let's not forget the gorgeous male leads <3)

ReputationRep:

I did have a phase where I was really into the K-Pop or Korean style but I mostly kept it to myself because it was a bit weird haha. I even tried getting into K-Dramas but I only watched one, although it was AMAZING! Seriously 'My Love from the Star' made me feel a lot of feelings.
    My Love from the Star :love: The third kdrama I ever watched, absolutely adored it! The ending literally made me cry

I'm a relatively new K-pop fan, watching 'Youtubers React to Kpop' opened the inescapable black hole of Kpop for me. EXO is my first love, f(x) my favourite girl group and recently I'm becoming addicted BTS

ReputationRep:
    Odd question but if anyone here is a fan of Japanese movies, I am trying to remember a film I watched a couple of years ago about some killing in a school? Can't really remember the premise but I remember it being quite popular (not Battle Royale), it was quite dark.

EDIT: NVM, It was called Confessions.

ReputationRep:
    Yep sounds a lot like the people I knew, albeit I was super into anime when I was a bit younger, now not so much. I used to find it kinda weird cause my ex-girlfriend was so crazy about K-Pop and I was always a bit jealous.
    Omg , I just realised your profile is of Eren. Anyway, same I was obsessed with anime when I was younger and now I hardly watch any if not at all. Ahaha aww that's so funny, sorry bless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aegyojihan)
    Haha yup!

I've watched quite a few:
    - To The Beautiful You
    - Heartstrings
    - City Hunter
    - Surplus Princess
    - The Moon Embracing The Sun
    - Iljimae
    - Rooftop Prince
    - Doctor Stranger
    - Pinocchio
    I recommend all of these tbh, but some may have the "annoying" female lead. But still, they're good! (let's not forget the gorgeous male leads <3)
    Tbh I won't watch anything with Park Shin Hye, I'm just unable to. I've watched Pinocchio and City Hunter, CH was okay but I hated Pinocchio. But thanks for the reccomendations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperOfDreams)
    Yesssss!!! I got into them after i watched a video of them on weekly idol performing Rough at X 2 speed and it was amazing!! I have great respect for girl groups who dance well and hard - they are so in sync it amazing. I cant stop listening to Rough i really hope they become a top tier group!!
    omg that was amazing XDD, Whose your favourite in the band? I really like shinB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pellucid)
    My Love from the Star :love: The third kdrama I ever watched, absolutely adored it! The ending literally made me cry

I'm a relatively new K-pop fan, watching 'Youtubers React to Kpop' opened the inescapable black hole of Kpop for me. EXO is my first love, f(x) my favourite girl group and recently I'm becoming addicted BTS
    Love that K drama!! My first drama was Love Rain it's pretty good aswell , really sad though.

ReputationRep:
    Omg , I just realised your profile is of Eren. Anyway, same I was obsessed with anime when I was younger and now I hardly watch any if not at all. Ahaha aww that's so funny, sorry bless.
    I've actually not finished watching Shingeki no Kyojin, I started watching it when the episodes were still being released and I changed my profile picture on TSR to it back in like 2013 and then I kinda quit the site. But I kept getting messages about Eren, so I decided to keep the picture when I returned.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I won't watch anything with Park Shin Hye, I'm just unable to. I've watched Pinocchio and City Hunter, CH was okay but I hated Pinocchio. But thanks for the reccomendations
    I see. I enjoyed the story of Pinocchio, since I'm planning to study media it gave me an insight. Plus it was done realistically and had a good OST (plus Lee Jong Suk is bae).

Oh and you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    I just got into it... I bias Junhoe for Ikon sooo bad
    JESSUSSSS

ReputationRep:
    My sister made me listen to Exo - Overdose...was pretty good ngl..

ReputationRep:
    I agree I only watched it bc of LJS lol

ReputationRep:
    I agree I only watched it bc of LJS lol
    He is actually just perfection - have you watched him in Doctor Stranger?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.