Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need help. Do I have these or not? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

so I'm gonna get straight to the point.

I feel like ****, like utter ****. I feel just so sad within too, like this deep unexplainable sadness that I cover up with a fake smile and when I laugh I don't know if it's true or if it's just me acting and laughing along with the others. I also feel like such a burden to people and my family like that they would have such less to worry about without me and I feel so goddamned useless as well. Like I don't feel like this every hour of my day but I just feel it now and then which is quite often but when I do it's so bad.

I also hate the way I look and my body. I just look at myself in the mirror and just see this disgusting and pathetic thing in the mirror that is an excuse for a body. I sometimes think that I am not deserving of food and won't eat but then do but when I do I feel that I can't stop and then feel this great big pang of guilt that rushes through me. I end up then not eating the next day. It becomes like a binge purge cycle where I binge and eat and then start again and so on...

I always wonded if I have depression and a borderline eating disorder and maybe even body dysmorphic disorder because in summer I never wear shorts even if it was sweltering hot like never. The shortest thing I've ever worn on my body is a short sleeved t-shirt and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    tried seeing a GP instead of asking an online forum?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me that you have an insight into how you are feeling which is good. But it is obvious that you are struggling with things from what you have said here.
    I think it would be good for you to go along and have a chat with your GP.
    Do you think you will be able to do that?

ReputationRep:
    talking to your GP is the best bet, they will be able to investigate your symptoms and treat you.
    it does sound likely that you're depressed and you may well have an eating disorder. what you described in terms of eating can be symptoms of bulimia. when we're feeling low we look for ways to feel better and the bingeing/purging does this, however in an unhelpful way because it ends up making you feel guilty which makes you feel worse. as for not eating all day, that will definitely bring your mood down.

as for body dysphoric disorder, that's a bit more complex than not feeling able to wear shorts in the summer, however they often accompany eating disorders.

please visit your gp, in the meantime try to eat 3 balanced meals as it will help your mood. you deserve to feel better and your GP will be able to get you started in the right direction x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed)
    tried seeing a GP instead of asking an online forum?
    (Original post by Drez999)
    It sounds to me that you have an insight into how you are feeling which is good. But it is obvious that you are struggling with things from what you have said here.
    (Original post by princess-fab)
    talking to your GP is the best bet, they will be able to investigate your symptoms and treat you.
    it does sound likely that you're depressed and you may well have an eating disorder. what you described in terms of eating can be symptoms of bulimia. when we're feeling low we look for ways to feel better and the bingeing/purging does this, however in an unhelpful way because it ends up making you feel guilty which makes you feel worse. as for not eating all day, that will definitely bring your mood down.

as for body dysphoric disorder, that's a bit more complex than not feeling able to wear shorts in the summer, however they often accompany eating disorders.

please visit your gp, in the meantime try to eat 3 balanced meals as it will help your mood. you deserve to feel better and your GP will be able to get you started in the right direction x

A year later and I have depression and anxiety, body image issues and eating has surfaced along with the anxiety. I am yet to still see someone but family are not accepting of mental health.

Depression seems to be unipolar, going from a normal mood to a depressed state in which I can be actively suicidal in at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    No, not at the moment. Family won't really be accepting of my mental health issues and plus if I do get reffered id have to get out of the house some how which i am really not allowed to do

ReputationRep:

Im trying, thank you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.