Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guess what? I wear fur! AND I LOVE IT! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    I've just made a new social group, if you're interested:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=3499
    Mate, you need to stop changing your story you mentioned in an earlier post that you were against the fur trade then make a group called animal fur supporters. Troll.

(Original post by bethwalker85)
    Mate, you need to stop changing your story you mentioned in an earlier post that you were against the fur trade then make a group called animal fur supporters. Troll.
    And you need to read all of my posts in full before commenting on me. You'll look less stupid that way. I am against the fur trade, and I've stated that I believe animal fur should be made readily available to people (on the grounds of freedom of choice), as long as it has been ethically sourced (in other words, fur that hasn't been sourced from an animal that is endangered, and that has been killed responsibly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    And you need to read all of my posts in full before commenting on me. You'll look less stupid that way. I am against the fur trade, and I've stated that I believe animal fur should be made readily available to people (on the grounds of freedom of choice), as long as it has been ethically sourced (in other words, fur that hasn't been sourced from an animal that is endangered, and that has been killed responsibly).
    Why make a fur supporting group though? That doesn't go with your views? Surely it'd be ethical fur supporting, but it's not.

(Original post by bethwalker85)
    Why make a fur supporting group though? That doesn't go with your views? Surely it'd be ethical fur supporting, but it's not.
    Because I support freedom of choice. If someone wore a vintage fur coat that was sourced many years ago from an animal that was endangered, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it, because I recognise that it'd be both a waste of a coat and disrespectful to the animal that was murdered for it, if it was thrown away and not worn. I disagree with purposely culling endangered animals for fur (or any other commodity) in modern times, though.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a notification saying my post is being reviewed.. All I said was my auntie bought me a hat for christmas with a fur pom pom on!

(Original post by MMcG2015)
    Just got a notification saying my post is being reviewed.. All I said was my auntie bought me a hat for christmas with a fur pom pom on!
    Don't worry about it. The moderation on this site is, frankly, a joke.

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing love fur. My coat has it on its lapels, instead of around the hood, and it's like a scarf that's integrated right into it. Keeps me so warm during your horrible English weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I ****ing love fur. My coat has it on its lapels, instead of around the hood, and it's like a scarf that's integrated right into it. Keeps me so warm during your horrible English weather
    English weather isn't that bad, a few weeks ago I was in a place that was -25C. And as already mentioned Canada can get to about -50C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    English weather isn't that bad, a few weeks ago I was in a place that was -25C. And as already mentioned Canada can get to about -50C.
    I wasn't talking about the temperature, more about the combo of low temperature/ annoying drizzle/ relatively humid atmosphere that you get in Britain during the winter. Fur makes everything better on such days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.