Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE History Edexcel (sources) - 2mrw watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey, quick question on 2mrw's history paper (edexcel) - sources on hitler.
    u see the last question where we hav 2 use both our sources and own knowledge to arugue a statement, well, how do u structure it. i hav been taught for the last 2 years to do the all the sources first then write about my own knowledge speratly. although, recently a few ppl hav said 2 get a high grade (A/A*) u hav 2 mix them both together? ie. talk about 1 source then add ur own knowledge etc. is this true? how does evry1 else structure theirs?

ReputationRep:
    Try to mix up it - write an essay using ur own knowledge, with the sources to back it up.

Quick tips: when it says use all sources, use all sources
    Try and use sources in ur intro and conclusion

ReputationRep:
    I've been taught to write your own knowledge and just use the sources as evidence. Also remeber to NOP a couple of the sources in ur answer not a lot just one or two. My teachers also say the mst important thing is to write an alternative view.. This will get the level 4 answers.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, id mix em up, using your own konwledge to back points up
    BTW, has anyone else had their school visted by Malcolm Chandler, that GCSE history dude?

ReputationRep:
    Yup my school was visited. I have to stay I'm definately sticking to the formula for answering questions that they gave. however some of the things he said were a bit useless like knowing who Roosevelt counts as own knowledge!!! I think its rubbish, he also said you can get an A without knowing anything about the topic and just making infereces. I didn't believe that either!

ReputationRep:
    We didn't have anyone visit us, giving us tips! What does NOP mean??? Any more tips for level 4 answers please?

ReputationRep:
    NOP - Nature - what it is? Origin - when/where? Purpose- Aims?

This is on all the edexcel mark schemes and you should do it for all of the sources if you don't then you can't get the high grades.

Also they went on about inferences a lot an not just copying the source which is reasonably. Oh, and you have to make a judgement on the comparision question (b) about which is more supportive or if they are supportive together etc.. and on the utility question (c) which one is more useful.

For the utility question both sources are always useful and the statics they give you won't be fakes so don't bother putting it.

But this is just what the edecel ppl said and you mnow how much you can trust them!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.