Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

boots/shoes for a girls 18th Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    its a close friends 18th birthday and i wanted to get her some boots, she loves them. but im not sure on what type, style etc to get her
    any help?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBhogal)
    its a close friends 18th birthday and i wanted to get her some boots, she loves them. but im not sure on what type, style etc to get her
    any help?
    thanks
    Well what kind of style does she like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Well what kind of style does she like?
    welllllll that what i couldnt figure out loll
    i jus know that they are long, like just under the knee, she loves those types

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they'll fit her? Some people have a hard time getting shoes that fit right, especially boots that go over the calf. It'd be a shame if they didn't fit her and she had to return them/ couldn't wear them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Are you sure they'll fit her? Some people have a hard time getting shoes that fit right, especially boots that go over the calf. It'd be a shame if they didn't fit her and she had to return them/ couldn't wear them.
    now thats a good question lol
    how do i make sure they do?
    ill take any help

ReputationRep:
    any help?
    thanks
    Maybe you could go on a shopping trip with her and say I'll get you some boots of your choice for your present

Is that a good idea Sophie? Do girls like that sorta idea? You all like shopping right?

Or maybe it isn't, it could get quite expensive :lol:

ReputationRep:
    now thats a good question lol
    how do i make sure they do?
    ill take any help
    Uh I don't know. Could casually bring it up in conversation. talk about shoes and ask her where she buys her shoes then casually say something "can you just order shoes online and know they'll fit? Because I find it a real pain".

Edit: Either way keep the receipt just in case and make sure you buy from somewhere that accepts returns.

(Original post by Alexion)
    Maybe you could go on a shopping trip with her and say I'll get you some boots of your choice for your presentIs that a good idea Sophie? Do girls like that sorta idea? You all like shopping right? Or maybe it isn't, it could get quite expensive :lol:
    Eh depends on the person in question. I'd personally be really uncomfortable with that, grateful but uncomfortable. But I'm uncomfortable in general with having things bought for me/ receiving gifts. I get gift opening anxiety!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SophieSmall;62619799]Uh I don't know. Could casually bring it up in conversation. talk about shoes and ask her where she buys her shoes then casually say something "can you just order shoes online and know they'll fit? Because I find it a real pain".

Edit: Either way keep the receipt just in case and make sure you buy from somewhere that accepts returns.

sounds good, have you ever shopped or heard about jones bootmaker? are they good to buy for an 18th?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MrBhogal;62620975]
    Uh I don't know. Could casually bring it up in conversation. talk about shoes and ask her where she buys her shoes then casually say something "can you just order shoes online and know they'll fit? Because I find it a real pain".

sounds good, have you ever shopped or heard about jones bootmaker? are they good to buy for an 18th?
    Their shoes are pretty pricey.. How much are you willing to spend?

ReputationRep:
    Various small boots are available on different online stores. you should better search on Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Choose the neutral color, black. Hehe since you don't know what color she likes. Black usually goes on everything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.