Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to leave the EU! Ask me anything! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started off researching the EU due to a school debate that I had coming up. The more I researched, the more I realised I actually wanted to leave the EU.

Please ask me anything u want, as I want to test my knowledge, and perhaps learn a little more(as no-one knows everything) to ensure I have come to the correct conclusion and my arguments are good for the debate. So yh, ask away!

ReputationRep:
    What is an 'opinion'?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a member of TSR UKIP?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temporaryone)
    What is an 'opinion'?
    An opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by string210)
    An opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective
    No, an 'opinion' is an instrument that allows the institutions to make a statement in a non-binding fashion, in other words without imposing any legal obligation on those to whom it is addressed. An opinion is not binding. It can be issued by the main EU institutions (Commission, Council, Parliament), the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee. While laws are being made, the committees give opinions from their specific regional or economic and social viewpoint. For example, the Committee of the Regions issued an opinion on the clean air policy package for Europe.

ReputationRep:
    How to fix unemployment due to leaving eu? Use figures

ReputationRep:
    No, an 'opinion' is an instrument that allows the institutions to make a statement in a non-binding fashion, in other words without imposing any legal obligation on those to whom it is addressed. An opinion is not binding. It can be issued by the main EU institutions (Commission, Council, Parliament), the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee. While laws are being made, the committees give opinions from their specific regional or economic and social viewpoint. For example, the Committee of the Regions issued an opinion on the clean air policy package for Europe.
    I would try and debate this but it's not even worth my time! This specimen is definetely a troll

ReputationRep:
    I would try and debate this but it's not even worth my time! This specimen is definetely a troll
    You can see it here if you don't belive me:

http://europa.eu/eu-law/decision-mak...s/index_en.htm

ReputationRep:
    You can see it here if you don't belive me:

http://europa.eu/eu-law/decision-mak...s/index_en.htm
    okay so that's an opinion to do with european acts, not the definition.
    But I still don't understand your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egoclips)
    How to fix unemployment due to leaving eu? Use figures
    Could u perhaps rephrase the question, I don't understand.

Are you implying that by leaving the eu, we will increase unemployment, so how will we combat this?
    Is that your question, or just how will leaving the eu reduce unemployment?

Which one?

ReputationRep:
    Gonna go ahead and do it before someone else does...

"Muslims, discuss."

ReputationRep:
    okay so that's an opinion to do with european acts, not the definition.
    But I still don't understand your point?
    I started off researching the EU due to a school debate that I had coming up. The more I researched, the more I realised I actually wanted to leave the EU.

Please ask me anything u want, as I want to test my knowledge, and perhaps learn a little more(as no-one knows everything) to ensure I have come to the correct conclusion and my arguments are good for the debate. So yh, ask away!
    I am just testing you on some obscure EU knowledge - I didn't know this myself.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think the UK should leave the EU too.

ReputationRep:
    I am just testing you on some obscure EU knowledge - I didn't know this myself.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think the UK should leave the EU too.
    oh okay, i'm sorry I called u a troll, problem is there are far too many time wasters on forums like these.

But thank u, i'll look a the site and see if i can remember them.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay, i'm sorry I called u a troll, problem is there are far too many time wasters on forums like these.

But thank u, i'll look a the site and see if i can remember them.
    That's okay, I probably went a bit too far with the question - not many people would be able to answer that. And yes there are many time wasters on this website - hopefully I don't become one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a member of TSR UKIP?
    This is what I was referring to:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1302062

ReputationRep:
    Could u perhaps rephrase the question, I don't understand.

Are you implying that by leaving the eu, we will increase unemployment, so how will we combat this?
    Is that your question, or just how will leaving the eu reduce unemployment?

Which one?
    This

ReputationRep:

Why do you think people want to stay in the EU and why are they wrong in your opinion?

What are your three biggest concerns at the moment (and why are they) and how would leaving the EU help solve that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.