Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i try to revise but like after 2 minutes I'd end up day dreaming about random stuff, stuff like me with super powers and stuff lol and like if not that i would end up writing songs instead of writing my essay ;/ i get medicine for my adhd and stuff but it's not able to keep me concentrated. Anything i can do to keep focused. bad thing is that when ever were in the exam hall ill end up thinking about random stuff instead of doing the exam ;O but i do get extra time which is a bonus

- I HAVE AN EXAM TOMORROW ;O AND AM POSTING QUESTIONS ERGH LMAO.

ReputationRep:
    NEITHER LOL MY COURSEWORK WAS DUE BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND I STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT

help me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    NEITHER LOL MY COURSEWORK WAS DUE BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND I STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT

help me lol
    :grouphugs:P.S I love the new TSR layout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    i try to revise but like after 2 minutes I'd end up day dreaming about random stuff, stuff like me with super powers and stuff lol and like if not that i would end up writing songs instead of writing my essay ;/ i get medicine for my adhd and stuff but it's not able to keep me concentrated. Anything i can do to keep focused. bad thing is that when ever were in the exam hall ill end up thinking about random stuff instead of doing the exam ;O but i do get extra time which is a bonus

I know how you feel you could try listening to music (if the lyrics distract you then listen to instrumental music), it really helps me . If you type in "studying music" into YouTube there are videos with hours of peaceful music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benedict2314)
    I know how you feel you could try listening to music (if the lyrics distract you then listen to instrumental music), it really helps me . If you type in "studying music" into YouTube there are videos with hours of peaceful music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ill try it out thanks

ReputationRep:
    ill try it out thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPf1W5LfsEk

or anything by Studymusicproject

got me through my uni degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrawfordDave)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPf1W5LfsEk

or anything by Studymusicproject

got me through my uni degree
    thankkss ) love it! it will help me to fly of to my very own little world

ReputationRep:
    thankkss ) love it! it will help me to fly of to my very own little world
    I don't have ADHD but I procrastinate to the max. I also find it difficult to concentrate for longer than about 20 minutes but when I stick my earphones in and listen to study music on youtube i can literally knock out an hour or 2 of pure work because it focuses my mind on the task at hand.

...now stop getting distracted and do your Work!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have ADHD but I procrastinate to the max. I also find it difficult to concentrate for longer than about 20 minutes but when I stick my earphones in and listen to study music on youtube i can literally knock out an hour or 2 of pure work because it focuses my mind on the task at hand.
    oooOo 20 minutes is a lot, the max for me is like 2 minutes lel. 2 hours of work ;OOOOOOOOOOOO wow

ReputationRep:
    oooOo 20 minutes is a lot, the max for me is like 2 minutes lel. 2 hours of work ;OOOOOOOOOOOO wow
    but seriously you should log out of TSR and any other distraction websites like facebook etc and put your phone on airplane mode to minimise distractions

ReputationRep:
    but seriously you should log out of TSR and any other distraction websites like facebook etc and put your phone on airplane mode to minimise distractions
    My phone is on airplane mode but I still turn my WiFi on :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    My phone is on airplane mode but I still turn my WiFi on :/
    what exam are you doing tomorrow? you could look at past papers etc

ReputationRep:
    why not dilute?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:

okay for real
    do this, NOW:
    - open up your textbook
    - put smiley faces in pencil next to each topic in the content page ' = confident, :| = unsure , = ****'
    - turn off EVERYTHING and start working on your faces first, making detailed notes, watching videos on youtube and doing a few exam questions until it's a
    then work on your :| faces making bullet points whenever needed and exam questions until it's a as well
    ans on your ones just skim over it

good luck!!!

To concentrate I listen to classic music while studying, it really helps me, try ^^

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by z33)
      why not dilute?
      Spoiler:
      Show
      :teehee:

okay for real
      do this, NOW:
      - open up your textbook
      - put smiley faces in pencil next to each topic in the content page ' = confident, :| = unsure , = ****'
      - turn off EVERYTHING and start working on your faces first, making detailed notes, watching videos on youtube and doing a few exam questions until it's a
      then work on your :| faces making bullet points whenever needed and exam questions until it's a as well
      ans on your ones just skim over it

good luck!!!
      i dont have a text book lol ;O

ReputationRep:
      i dont have a text book lol ;O
      ¬_¬ specification then?

ReputationRep:
      what exam are you doing tomorrow? you could look at past papers etc
      Maths and yh i am ;p just scrolling down the whole paper and then back up lol doing that a couple of times

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by z33)
      ¬_¬ specification then?
      yup and thanks

ReputationRep:
      Maths and yh i am ;p just scrolling down the whole paper and then back up lol doing that a couple of times
      you should do a mock test

ie. try and complete one of the past papers (without cheating)
      and do it within the exams given time frame. That will give you an indication to whether you are prepared or not.

ReputationRep:
      you should do a mock test

ie. try and complete one of the past papers (without cheating)
      and do it within the exams given time frame. That will give you an indication to whether you are prepared or not.
      im answering the questions and i can't do it in exam time and rules. i can't sit in a exam hall for 1 hour continuously never mind at home lol

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.