Who still believes in God in this day and age?

Watch
davidguettafan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
And why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Like 5 billion people lel
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do not know how people can reject the overwhelming evidence for evolution when accepting creationism, but I always fear if I declare myself an atheist, the unlikely discovery that God does exist will come back to haunt me.
Kittyboy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
isn't this just like the other thread? people are stupid i suppose
Bardwell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not God...

I recently heard a quote and I've been thinking about it a lot lately...

"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe or not. Both are equally terrifying."

And I've been thinking....
Two possibilities exist: we either live indefinitely, or not. Both are equally terrifying.

What I mean by that is, we either live forever and we are able to observe the past *ie, right now* without affecting it, or, we die.

I like to think of this as my explanation for coincidences, because I get a lot of them, and I feel like there's more behind it than 100% coincidence... of course, it still could be, but it's a thought I like to dwell on.

Because either, what I do in my life will help humanity progress to indefinite life, or not...
champ_mc99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Like 5 billion people lel
Pretty sure more than that. But the population/proportion of secularism is certainly rising.
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
I do not know how people can reject the overwhelming evidence for evolution when accepting creationism, but I always fear if I declare myself an atheist, the unlikely discovery that God does exist will come back to haunt me.
Respect.
Nshizzle941
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why can you not believe in both evolution and God? I do. Alsp, a lot of people disagree with religion, and use that as logic to not believe in God. In my eyes, religion is the word of man interpreting the message from God, which means it will always be inherently imperfect. That doesn't mean I don;t believe in God.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nshizzle941)
Why can you not believe in both evolution and God? I do. Alsp, a lot of people disagree with religion, and use that as logic to not believe in God. In my eyes, religion is the word of man interpreting the message from God, which means it will always be inherently imperfect. That doesn't mean I don;t believe in God.
Believing in God but not evolution changes the very basis of religion is which cannot be acceptable; it is changing religion to make meet critiques of religion. Using Christianity, if the Bible says God created everything, Christians cannot take the Bible, remove from there everything that has created doubt, and then say God still exists. Christians need to accept everything that happened in the Bible, or reject the Bible as being ridiculous, in doing so rejecting religion. The stories of the Bible not being true, and the existence of God are not mutually exclusive things the religious people make them out to be.
EastGuava
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your threads are so repetitive :bebored:
username1208193
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not everyone's Christian by the way.

I believe in God because I believe there is someone up there who is a greater being and can guide me through life alongside culture and spirit. (Short answer.)
draculaura
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sometimes. usually 5 minutes before an exam i haven't revised for
PrincessZara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bardwell)
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe or not. Both are equally terrifying."
omfg XCOM Enemy Unknown reference right here
davidguettafan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by PrincessZara)
Lol Zara

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise