Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should we exchange UKIP voters for refugees? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    UKIP voters are racist and a threat to our country and the EU. They should be charged with treason and deported in my opinion. This could help the refugee crisis by freeing up space in the country for these poor suffering people. Who's with me?
    nah.... swap them for Labour Voters :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Parties like UKIP and violently fascist groups like the EDL do nothing to help the cause to question the EU. There are genuine concerns that we as a nation have to discuss when talking about walking out of the EU. The EU brings us many benefits but at the same time, its haggled by bureaucracy and its heavy handedness of imposing laws on all member nations, superseding their sovereign laws and rights. The refugee crisis is truly a terrible one but people can't deny the fact that their is a tangible threat of letting in so many people who are culturally and socially nothing like us Europeans. Liberals would have you believe that is not the case(they insist we can all get along in their fairytale vision which is a load of hooey). Europe is taking far too big a brunt of this when the real culprit, the USA, is allowed to get away with enacting their will on the Middle East and take no responsibility. If there is anything this crisis has taught me and many others, its that we can no longer depend on the increasingly isolationist USA anymore. I'm in favour with greater cooperation with the Russians in the Middle East at this point because the USA is really doing nothing at this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    Parties like UKIP and violently fascist groups like the EDL do nothing to help the cause to question the EU. There are genuine concerns that we as a nation have to discuss when talking about walking out of the EU. The EU brings us many benefits but at the same time, its haggled by bureaucracy and its heavy handedness of imposing laws on all member nations, superseding their sovereign laws and rights. The refugee crisis is truly a terrible one but people can't deny the fact that their is a tangible threat of letting in so many people who are culturally and socially nothing like us Europeans. Liberals would have you believe that is not the case(they insist we can all get along in their fairytale vision which is a load of hooey). Europe is taking far too big a brunt of this when the real culprit, the USA, is allowed to get away with enacting their will on the Middle East and take no responsibility. If there is anything this crisis has taught me and many others, its that we can no longer depend on the increasingly isolationist USA anymore. I'm in favour with greater cooperation with the Russians in the Middle East at this point because the USA is really doing nothing at this point.
    We wouldn't even have a referendum without ukip plonker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    You notice than in my original comparison I said "Produce the only one that is rotten".

Referring to the cherry-picked media stories that people are fed.
    How do you know it's the only one?

Unless I am gravely mistaken, no media is running hundreds of thousands of stories about individual asylum seekers, from which we could conclude that the grossly negative reports we have been receiving are unrepresentative.

What we have are negative reports and unknowns, basically. You assume, probably more like hope, that they're unrepresentative, but have no evidence for that.

If we did assess on individual merits, I doubt you'd like what you find. Sure, you wouldn't find a million hardened rapists, but probably 800,000 future net tax recipients. Which is why supporters of mass immigration favour this influx in the first place: asylum seekers aren't subject to the usual tests of individual merit applied to economic migrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I said that in my response.

Why would we make that worse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If they are the same then per capita it's no worse is it?

From the perspective of the treasury it's best to get in immigrants who will not use public services as that will give a quicker easier benefit than trying to only get ones who are well paid. That means EU immigrants who mostly come here when young to work and then go home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    But natives are no different...
    We can't deport useless natives - we're stuck with them - but how's that a good argument for bringing in loads of other non-contributors lol. Great logic.

ReputationRep:
    If they are the same then per capita it's no worse is it?

From the perspective of the treasury it's best to get in immigrants who will not use public services as that will give a quicker easier benefit than trying to only get ones who are well paid. That means EU immigrants who mostly come here when young to work and then go home
    You're adding people who don't pay for themselves after tax.

Is that difficult for you to understand?

Only controlled migration is worthwhile and even then it's only with the right controls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    UKIP voters are racist and a threat to our country and the EU. They should be charged with treason and deported in my opinion. This could help the refugee crisis by freeing up space in the country for these poor suffering people. Who's with me?
    I have to say this is an offensive statement, and something which is factually incorrect for 99.9% of UKIP voters and supporters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    You're adding people who don't pay for themselves after tax.

Is that difficult for you to understand?

Only controlled migration is worthwhile and even then it's only with the right controls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We had better start having babies then because we need the people one way or the other.

Of course nowadays women have to work as house prices have to get ever higher so rentiers can make their money. So we don't have enough babies.

That is why the establishment supports immigration. Artificially improves demographics without losing the work done by women. How much money they earn is quite immaterial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    It's funny how we only seem to "adopt" or "acquire" kids and women when it is someone from a different background forcing them to engage in heinous acts for their own depraved pleasures.

Yet, there's hardly a murmur when citizens of our own country (predominantly men) are out there committing rapes, engaged in child exploitation or smacking around their partners on a daily basis and subjecting them to physical and psychological terror.

Do they only become "our kids/women" when people who we perceive is alien to our way of life is the perpetrator?
    I'm not sure about rape or child exploitation, but most domestic abuse cases are reciprocal.
    http://pb.rcpsych.org/content/35/1/33.1

ReputationRep:
    We had better start having babies then because we need the people one way or the other.

Of course nowadays women have to work as house prices have to get ever higher so rentiers can make their money. So we don't have enough babies.

That is why the establishment supports immigration. Artificially improves demographics without losing the work done by women. How much money they earn is quite immaterial.
    Now that is true!

Problem is it's the worst solution for the problem.

Not only does it only fix it in the medium term it makes the problem worse in the long term.

So pay for the old people now with more new people now is the argument but that pushes up costs for housing for everyone. The solution to the issue is zero percent housing inflation for a couple of decades by building more homes.

This means that year on year houses become more affordable and one generation has to pay more for the current older generation.

Also that model ignores that universal income will be the source of income for most people in 30 years due to automation.

Add to population sizes in that model just spreads the money available to more people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wow. are you trying to prove that leftists are more tolerant than UKIP voters...? or are you having a huge laugh? I can't tell

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon, UKIP supporter here...

Now, unfortunately, as nice it is to hear your esteemed opinion, unfortunately you're just a little bit wrong. UKIP voters are not all racist. That's like saying you are an idiot based merely on this post. As much as one would perhaps like to, one must also realise it would probably be incorrect. True, some UKIP voters do indeed hold racist views. But then, so do voters for many parties. It just so happens that UKIP is a more transparent party, with a larger grassroots membership than many other parties.

And a danger to the country? As much as I hate to say it, and I do, but...well...how dangerous do you think UKIP really is?

So, in answer to your question; no. I am not with you. Not at all. It is people like you, engineering conflict and bitterness, that are a danger to our country and our society.

ReputationRep:
    I support UKIP and I'm for open borders.

ReputationRep:
    consider this
    refugees, from the middle east, didn't grow up either a) in a culture of numerous races and cultures, and b) didn't grow up in a culture of political correctness and multiculturalism in the system.
    therefore, refugees are FAR more likely to be racist than UKIP voters. UKIP isn't a party with a racial agenda/platform and only wants to control immigration. refugees from the middle east have lived under regimes which persecute and teach against homosexuality, women being empowered to the same extent as men, etc
    so your little thought here is hilariously backfiring...it's like you're assuming they can't be pretty negative and prejudiced people (statistically) because they're racially different. that does sound kind of like "positive racism" to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.