Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lancaster or Sheffield university (Mechanical Engineering) Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I've got all my university offers but I can't choose my firm choice, I was just wondering if anyone goes to any of these Uni's for their option on what it's like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronSmith08)
    I've got all my university offers but I can't choose my firm choice, I was just wondering if anyone goes to any of these Uni's for their option on what it's like
    I don't do Engineering but I'm at Sheffield. Apparently we have one of the best Engineering departments in the country, which has been aided by the recent opening of the Diamond, a second designated Engineering building and library.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield wins hands down, better city for nightlife and things to do, better university for sheer number of societies and diversity, better engineering department. There's a reason why a quarter of the undergrads here are engineers, that ratio is probably even higher for postgrads because it's an engineering research powerhouse. That normally wouldn't be relevant for undergrads but we have a well established undergraduate research program which leads to quite a few people getting on to PhDs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.