The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

I started university in January 2016 and I haven't received any funding as of now. I sent all the information to support my application on the 13th of January 2016. They sent me a text message after saying that it would take 20 working days to process the information. It is now the 10th of February and I find out that they have cancelled my previous application I created for 2015/16 today so I am a bit worried. What should I do?
(edited 8 years ago)
go to your finance section in your uni and ring student finance !!! you might be able to apply for a hardship fund through the uni
Reply 2
There won't be much you can do to speed it up. SF usually quote six weeks for processing, so 20 days would be faster than at their peak times. The uni's hardship fund may be able to help, but if they think you have SF money due, that might affect your eligibility. If you open a student bank account (if you haven't aleady), most will give a small free overdraft. That might help tide you over.

I'd phone SF to check that things are still progressing, and that the system will reflect your new application shortly. Other than that, you just have to wait. SF isn't a fast process, even if you apply well in advance of your course start date.

Can you find a part-time job?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending