Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Talented musician (as I've been told) cant get a girlfriend... Watch

Announcements

Hi, so I'm a guitar player, I have been playing for coming up 12 years (I'm 16) and I can do all that flashy stuff and shred like yngwie (google him, he's amazing) and people will always tell me that its easy to get a girl because I can play like that (I know I sound really big headed, but this is just what people say) however when I talk to someone or show the slight bit of interest they instantly deny me, refuse my date offers or just straight up ignore me, I'm a well mannered kid that's always respectful but I just seem to always fall into the not gay gay best friend category and its annoying me because right now after starting college I have everything I've ever wished for... apart from somebody to love. Don't get me wrong, I don't just walk up to girls and shred for them, I'm just told that's one of my biggest attributes, I try to do all the things girls say they like, but either they are lying or there's something wrong with me :/ sorry if this makes me sound like a **** or some sort of *uck boy, but that's not the case in real life. Anyway, sorry for making you read through half a page of me crying about this. Have a great day!

ReputationRep:
    Lol you're 16 calm down!

ReputationRep:
    You're sixteen, not having a girlfriend at this age is not the end of the world. Go out and enjoy yourself, eventually you'll find someone who likes you for who you are.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, so I'm a guitar player, I have been playing for coming up 12 years (I'm 16) and I can do all that flashy stuff and shred like yngwie (google him, he's amazing) and people will always tell me that its easy to get a girl because I can play like that (I know I sound really big headed, but this is just what people say) however when I talk to someone or show the slight bit of interest they instantly deny me, refuse my date offers or just straight up ignore me, I'm a well mannered kid that's always respectful but I just seem to always fall into the not gay gay best friend category and its annoying me because right now after starting college I have everything I've ever wished for... apart from somebody to love. Don't get me wrong, I don't just walk up to girls and shred for them, I'm just told that's one of my biggest attributes, I try to do all the things girls say they like, but either they are lying or there's something wrong with me :/ sorry if this makes me sound like a **** or some sort of *uck boy, but that's not the case in real life. Anyway, sorry for making you read through half a page of me crying about this. Have a great day!
    1. So are millions of other young lads. Literally millions. Everywhere.
    2. Pratting about at four years old doesn't count. Besides, you'd be hard pushed to hold a ukulele at four, let alone a guitar - I know because I play both*.
    3. YOU ARE SIXTEEN CHILL YOUR ****EN BEANZ.
    4. So what.
    5. Yes, you do.
    6. If your attitude here is anything to go by, this makes perfect sense.
    7. If your guitar playing is one of your biggest attributes, that doesn't say much about the rest of your personality.
    If you want to get a girlfriend, stop trying to get a girlfriend. Girls your age wouldn't give a toss, even if you were Jeff Beck. They just. Don't. Care. They're looking for guys who can pretend to be interested in what they're interested in, and be sensitive to all their really difficult issues. Believe me, you're not missing much at your age.

Spoiler:
    Show
    * By your logic I've been playing the ukulele for about twenty-three years, though I've actually been a practicing player for twelve years, and I'm a classically trained guitarist. For the record I also play balalaila, mandolin, various keyboards, and flutes. I want to learn the trumpet but I live on a terrace :moon:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.