Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm going to study in UK next year and I think about how are students room at the University of Bath ?

In my country, in public universities, you have students room with shared toilets/showers. I would like more precisions about these things at Bath.

Are rooms for 1 student, or have they been built for multiple students, like 2 or 3 ?
    Also, is there everything you need (toilets, shower, bathroom, kitchen) in ONE room or are some of these areas shared in a common room for every students of the department ?

Sorry if this question looks weird, but I would like to know it.

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This is a question for you to answer, PirateEmily.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normale)
    Hello,I'm going to study in UK next year and I think about how are students room at the University of Bath ?In my country, in public universities, you have students room with shared toilets/showers. I would like more precisions about these things at Bath.Are rooms for 1 student, or have they been built for multiple students, like 2 or 3 ?Also, is there everything you need (toilets, shower, bathroom, kitchen) in ONE room or are some of these areas shared in a common room for every students of the department ?Sorry if this question looks weird, but I would like to know it.Thanks!
    Hi Normale,

We offer a variety of on-campus and off-campus accommodation here at the University of Bath. If you browse those websites it may be worth having a look at our virtual tour, which allows you to have a 360 view of some of the accommodation that we offer. There may be the opportunity to share a room in some of our Eastwood buildings however the other accommodation is one person per bedroom. Bathrooms vary, some accommodation offers shared bathrooms and others are ensuite. The benefit of sharing a bathroom is the cost saving, however it is your decision where you will apply to. You will then have a kitchen, the facilities vary. If you are fully-catered for example your kitchen will have fewer appliances than those that are non-catered or part-catered. Some accommodation blocks have a common room, this is the case in Brendan court and the Quads for example.

You can choose where to apply to and therefore should you want ensuite with a common room for example, it would be worth making that type of accommodation your first choice.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please let me know.

Hayden

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.