Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dyeing bleached blonde hair back to brown Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So I recently got my hair bleached blonde after having some blonde highlights and I feel like it does nothing for me and makes my bad skin more noticeable and tbh, it just isn't 'me' but I'm glad I tried it, had to at some point! I know it seems that you would just shove a brown dye over your hair and that would be that but I know when you bleach your hair you strip all its pigment so you have to add that back in when going darker.

I have a rough idea what I am doing today. I know I will need a red semi permanent dye to begin with, will Crazy Colour do? I know it will be a very vibrant shade but will that act OK as a pre pigment? I have brown box dye to use afterwards too. Its Superdrugs own chestnut brown and this is semi permanent too. I've read horror stories about peoples hair turning green and all that jazz so I'm a bit nervous! Hoping to be back to brunette by the end of the day, fingers crossed.

If anyone has any experience going back to dark after bleaching please let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    So I recently got my hair bleached blonde after having some blonde highlights and I feel like it does nothing for me and makes my bad skin more noticeable and tbh, it just isn't 'me' but I'm glad I tried it, had to at some point! I know it seems that you would just shove a brown dye over your hair and that would be that but I know when you bleach your hair you strip all its pigment so you have to add that back in when going darker.

I have a rough idea what I am doing today. I know I will need a red semi permanent dye to begin with, will Crazy Colour do? I know it will be a very vibrant shade but will that act OK as a pre pigment? I have brown box dye to use afterwards too. Its Superdrugs own chestnut brown and this is semi permanent too. I've read horror stories about peoples hair turning green and all that jazz so I'm a bit nervous! Hoping to be back to brunette by the end of the day, fingers crossed.

If anyone has any experience going back to dark after bleaching please let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stuck a medium brown dye over my bleached hair and although it turned out darker than the box suggested I didn't have any other problems with it ( this was a month after the last time I bleached it).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I stuck a medium brown dye over my bleached hair and although it turned out darker than the box suggested I didn't have any other problems with it ( this was a month after the last time I bleached it).
    You've made the process of going back to brown sound so easy yeah I've heard it goes a lot darker than the box colour but then fades really quickly too. I got my hair bleached last 2 days ago and it feels in fine condition but I'm avoiding using permanent dye on it for at least a month or two
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    You've made the process of going back to brown sound so easy yeah I've heard it goes a lot darker than the box colour but then fades really quickly too. I got my hair bleached last 2 days ago and it feels in fine condition but I'm avoiding using permanent dye on it for at least a month or two
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't see why using a semi perm won't work on its own it's not fading too badly after 3 weeks for me so maybe it depends on individuals hair.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Done a strand test and this is how it looks, brown and frizzy xD will post a pic later when it's done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Turned out good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.