Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when should i start studying for my may june 2016 igcse's? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I do 9 subjects. ive got most of my revision notes but i havent memorised anything. should i re write all my revision notes? i'm multimodal meaning im a bit of all the learning styles. i want to ace it all. does anyone have good geography 2016 notes that you would like to share? or any good websites for geography pleassssee.... thanks

ReputationRep:
    Start now. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    Start now. Good luck.
    thanks.... what should i start doing? re-writing my revision notes?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally the earlier the better, but do it bit by bit otherwise too much could effect your brain

ReputationRep:
    I advise starting around 12 weeks before your first exam, thats what I'm doing anyways
    Also, if you want to ace all your exams, watching youtube videos on the topics really helps me. If you're short on time, you can even speed up the videos.
    Youtube videos and reading the specification got me 8 A*s in my recent mocks but it doesn't work for everyone.

How about doing a week of revising in different ways to see which way works best for you? Then you can stick to that method in the up and coming weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Ideally the earlier the better, but do it bit by bit otherwise too much could effect your brain
    Thanks..... I'm just really confused on where to start cus i've got all my revision notes but I know the concepts but not liek word by word definitions so that is certainly a goal for me. Any advice on where to start? Re writing notes or memorizng?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g3ob)
    I advise starting around 12 weeks before your first exam, thats what I'm doing anyways
    Also, if you want to ace all your exams, watching youtube videos on the topics really helps me. If you're short on time, you can even speed up the videos.
    Youtube videos and reading the specification got me 8 A*s in my recent mocks but it doesn't work for everyone.

How about doing a week of revising in different ways to see which way works best for you? Then you can stick to that method in the up and coming weeks.
    WOW! Congrats.... What subjects do you do?
    If it's 12 weeks then if i start know i'm already a bit late right? I start my exams on the 2nd of May...

How did you start studying? Like the first week of revision what did you do? Like did you re write notes, mindmaps, flashcards....?

Do you use any specific youtube videos/channels? I think that's definitely worth a try especially because my highest learning style is aural....

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    Thanks..... I'm just really confused on where to start cus i've got all my revision notes but I know the concepts but not liek word by word definitions so that is certainly a goal for me. Any advice on where to start? Re writing notes or memorizng?

Thanks
    Well look up the definitions and all the things that your not sure of so you know everything.

ReputationRep:
    The earlier, the better. Now is a good time. I mean, not at this current moment since it's 11:13PM but. You know what I mean!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    WOW! Congrats.... What subjects do you do?
    If it's 12 weeks then if i start know i'm already a bit late right? I start my exams on the 2nd of May...

How did you start studying? Like the first week of revision what did you do? Like did you re write notes, mindmaps, flashcards....?

Do you use any specific youtube videos/channels? I think that's definitely worth a try especially because my highest learning style is aural....

Thanks
    Thanks I do maths, rs, english lang, english lit, physics, biology, chemistry, french, sociology computing and im about to start further maths. My yr11 targets in year 10 were mostly Bs so finding the right revision style does pay off!

Yeah id probably start now, my first exam is the 16th may so i start next week

In the first week for my mocks i made a revision timetable, wrote flash cards and mindmaps for difficult topics and highlighted my existing revision notes. I started late so ididnt have time to rewrite my notes in full.

Maths - rawmaths
    Computing - computer science tutor
    Physics - drphysicsa + misslowephysics

I recommend searching for your subject and exam board and accounts/playlists should come up that you might find useful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.