Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He won't go down on me Watch

Announcements

So, I'm in a relationship with a brilliant guy, I've been with him for two years, and everything is wonderful. Except, he won't go down. I've confronted it to him, asking why, all he says is "I don't like it". It makes me wonder if there's a deeper reason, and I struggle to get horny in bed anyway. He has done it before once, a while ago, we're both each other's first, but it makes me anxious. I wonder maybe he would do it if he was with another girl, or there's something wrong with me. I have a shower every day, and eat relatively healthily, so it shouldn't really stink down there.
    I've read a lot of threads with guys saying "Oh, I love it, 'cos she gets really horny and she's enjoying herself". I've not given him any blow-js since he said no, but I would if he just gave me a good time.

Do any guys not like it, just because they don't? Is there something wrong with me?
    Is he being lazy/selfish?

Any advice would be severely appreciated.

Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So, I'm in a relationship with a brilliant guy, I've been with him for two years, and everything is wonderful. Except, he won't go down. I've confronted it to him, asking why, all he says is "I don't like it". It makes me wonder if there's a deeper reason, and I struggle to get horny in bed anyway. He has done it before once, a while ago, we're both each other's first, but it makes me anxious. I wonder maybe he would do it if he was with another girl, or there's something wrong with me. I have a shower every day, and eat relatively healthily, so it shouldn't really stink down there.
    I've read a lot of threads with guys saying "Oh, I love it, 'cos she gets really horny and she's enjoying herself". I've not given him any blow-js since he said no, but I would if he just gave me a good time.

Do any guys not like it, just because they don't? Is there something wrong with me?

Thank you.
    It just might be he simply doesn't like it, not everyone does, highly doubt there's anything wrong with you. It would be selfish though if he expected you to do it to him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah in a relationship there should be some give and take, even if he doesn't like it that much a flat out refusal is pretty selfish.

Ive only done it to my girlfriend a few times i dont expectly like it but i do it to make her happy, and because shes always giving my blowjobs when shes on her period so i do it before sex to make sex a lot better, my girlfriend can go from not wanting sex at all to stripping after ive kissed her neck once so its quite easy for me and she tells me exactly what she likes and i listen to her, maybe try explaining to him that you enjoy it and you'd like him to do it? i cant really help with the struggling to get horny because me and my girlfriend find it easy
    he might be being lazy

but yeah i dont like going down on my girlfriend but i do it anyway, i dont like it because i dont know if im doing it right so

Ive only done it to my girlfriend a few times i dont expectly like it but i do it to make her happy, and because shes always giving my blowjobs when shes on her period so i do it before sex to make sex a lot better, my girlfriend can go from not wanting sex at all to stripping after ive kissed her neck once so its quite easy for me and she tells me exactly what she likes and i listen to her, maybe try explaining to him that you enjoy it and you'd like him to do it? i cant really help with the struggling to get horny because me and my girlfriend find it easy
    he might be being lazy

but yeah i dont like going down on my girlfriend but i do it anyway, i dont like it because i dont know if im doing it right so
    Yeah, thank you, I wish my boyfriend could be the same way as you. But my boyfriend is very stubborn, he'll probably say something like "Oh, if you miss it so much, go out with someone else", but he doesn't mean it. It's not something to lose a relationship over. But thanks for your advice! And everyone else too!

ReputationRep:

Thank you.

I love it, so if you get bored with him...

Seriously you don't really have a "right" to any particular sexual act, only what you can negotiate. If he doesn't like doing it then that is just how it is.

Is this a symptom of a deeper problem in your relationship? Because if your relationship is in all other respects perfectly fine I don't see that this would be that big a deal. We all have to make compromises and "can't always have what we want" as the song says.

But if you have problems elsewhere, in communication, or it just isn't working, there isn't the depth of feeling there, then maybe your general dissatisfaction is making you focus on this without you even realising..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he just didn't like it. Not everyone does. I don't. I don't care about blow job or tittie **** either as those can never make me ***.

Why would she want my mouth n tongue when I've got my D with its nicely shaped crown?

I'm not going down on her and if she doesn't like it, she can jog on and meet the next guy.

ReputationRep:

Thank you.
    Some guys don't like it? it's nothing personal it's a preference. Now you'll get some ***** who'll pretend they are so masculine and say if you don't lick pussy you're gay. That's ********. You know some girls don't like to suck ****? well there you have it. It works both ways. Don't force him
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't 'have' to do it... But he really should occasionally even if he doesn't enjoy it.

I really enjoy doing it (one of my friends properly loves going down on girls, likes it more than sex apparently. Which is odd imo but anyway...) and i like doing it as foreplay. So really, he should, ESPECIALLY since you have said you struggle to get horny, it wouldn't be such an issue if you were still getting aroused easily by him etc.

I can only talk for me but the girl is firmly mine once i've went down on her or during. If it's a casual fling/our first time then it might not be 100% relaxed before that but i just go down on her, build it up and then we're good. She's v happy and i've already succeeded before i've even gone in.
    Sounds like your sex could be better...

ReputationRep:
    Damn. Unlucky

Thank you.
    Some guys just don't like it, I guess. I love going down on the girl, I enjoy doing it and I enjoy how it makes her feel. I don't like receiving though. For some reason it just doesn't really do anything for me.

ReputationRep:
    On the face of it oral sex is a bit gross and thus might not be for the squeamish. It's also something I do view receiving as an honour rather than a right. Although I love giving. Sort of see your point though since for a girl the main event doesn't routinely do the business. Perhaps if he says find someone else you should look in to it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    Maybe he just didn't like it. Not everyone does. I don't. I don't care about blow job or tittie **** either as those can never make me ***.

Why would she want my mouth n tongue when I've got my D with its nicely shaped crown?

I'm not going down on her and if she doesn't like it, she can jog on and meet the next guy.
    A lot of women can only orgasm from clitoral stimulation though.

ReputationRep:
    you should talk to him about how you feel because regardless of whether or not he 'should' go down on you, you shouldn't be feeling that there's something wrong with you and perhaps he can reassure you... plenty of people just aren't keen and that has to be okay, but you need to be reassured that you're not smelly or gross down there (which I'm sure you're not!)

in my opinion if he didn't like it that's fine but I would still expect him to do it every now and again (as in a normal person would not that I would literally say he had to) if you really enjoyed it because relationships are about compromise and he should want you to be happy

maybe you also need a more general conversation about sex if you're struggling to enjoy it, there are plenty of things you can do and perhaps if this is an issue you should explore other things

ReputationRep:
    Ask him why? Im sure there's a valid reason for him to say no. And does he still satisfy you without it? If he does then you dont need to make a huge deal out of him not going down.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible he doesn't find you attractive or you have poor personal hygiene! Wash down thoroughly and trim it!

ReputationRep:
    Some guys just aren't into it or comfortable doing the act/find it unhygienic and weirded out. Talk to him about him and see what he says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    A lot of women can only orgasm from clitoral stimulation though.
    That's true,but what is one to do if a guy says they're just not into that sort of thing?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    That's true,but what is one to do if a guy says they're just not into that sort of thing?
    Leave him.

Tell him to get down there sharpish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.