Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm an international student and I applied for accommodation in July and I still haven't heard anything about it. Could I know when the offers are made?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shriya99)
    I'm an international student and I applied for accommodation in July and I still haven't heard anything about it. Could I know when the offers are made?
    Hi shriya99

Accomodation offers for students from outside Northern Ireland are being made from today so hopefully you should hear from the team very soon!

Team Queen's

ReputationRep:
    I'm from NI (Enniskillen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialworker2be)
    I'm from NI (Enniskillen)

Hey again!

Students living in Northern Ireland who applied by their closing date of 1 August and are accepted onto a course, will be sent offers starting on Monday 21 August.

If you have any other questions you can contact the Accommodation Office who will be happy to help!

:call:02890 974525

:cyber: [email protected]

See you on campus!

Team Queen's

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was wondering if you could possibly tell me how 'borderline' applications are decided? And what order are borderline applications accepted or declined, for example would borderline applications which are going to be accepted notified earlier or later in the 8 day period (from the 17th-25th)? My application is borderline as my offer was to get 12 distinctions and 6 merits in my extended level 3 BTEC diploma, however i got 15 distinctions and 3passes. So would you have any idea when i would be notified on the decision on my application? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerri98)
    Hi I was wondering if you could possibly tell me how 'borderline' applications are decided? And what order are borderline applications accepted or declined, for example would borderline applications which are going to be accepted notified earlier or later in the 8 day period (from the 17th-25th)? My application is borderline as my offer was to get 12 distinctions and 6 merits in my extended level 3 BTEC diploma, however i got 15 distinctions and 3passes. So would you have any idea when i would be notified on the decision on my application? Thank you.
    Hi Kerri98,

Decisions on borderline applications may take a little time as every case differs but the team are working through them as quickly as they can.

Please be assured, we are trying to accommodate as many applicants holding CF and CI offers as possible at this stage.

If you would like to speak to a member of the NI Support team you can call the on 028 9097 3838. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon!

Wishing you the very best of luck,

Team Queen’s

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Are their a lot of students from Northern Ireland at Queens? If so, does this mean a mass exodus at weekends?If so what's social life like at weekends? Will Connell

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of applying for accountancy with Spanish for entry in 2018, would you be able to tell me how highly applied for this course is? Thank you !

Hi, is QUB still in the process of giving out accommodation offers? I still haven't received mine but others seem to got it already. I'll be coming from England if it helps.

Thanks!

Don't worry, just received it!

(Original post by bura94)
    Hi, is QUB still in the process of giving out accommodation offers? I still haven't received mine but others seem to got it already. I'll be coming from England if it helps.

Thanks!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willcon)
    Hi,Are their a lot of students from Northern Ireland at Queens? If so, does this mean a mass exodus at weekends?If so what's social life like at weekends? Will Connell

Hi Willcon :hi:

While there are a lot of NI students, there are also many International, EU and GB students at Queen's so there is always plenty buzz about at the weekends.

It might be an idea to post this question in the main QUB forum to see if someone will comment with their experience.

Are you considering Queen's?

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elamb99)
    Im thinking of applying for accountancy with Spanish for entry in 2018, would you be able to tell me how highly applied for this course is? Thank you !
    Hi Elamb99 :grin:

I'm going to check this out with Admisisons and will get back to you when I have an answer. :vroam:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, just received it!
    Hi bura94,

Glad to hear you got sorted. We'll see you in September! :dance:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do you guys have a rough idea when anyone near Derry would be getting accommodation offers?

ReputationRep:
    HEY QUB,

Do We Have Free Will?

Look forward to hearing from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cait1239)
    Hi, do you guys have a rough idea when anyone near Derry would be getting accommodation offers?
    Hi there cait1239,

Northern Irish students should be receiving further information about accommodation from today so hopefully you should hear something very soon!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi when will the welcome guides be delivered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robyn235)
    Hi when will the welcome guides be delivered?
    Hi Robyn235,

The Welcome Guides will be sent out in the next few days. If you haven't received yours by 8th September please let our Registration Team know by emailing [email protected].

We'll see you on campus soon! :dance:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recieved an offer of accomodation for Willow Walk (I'm a postgrad) but I have been asked to be put on the waiting list for other accommodation. I was told that offers are still being given out and so I won't hear back until October - does this mean that I will be automatically allocated another room if it comes up, or will I be given the chance to view it and choose whether to accept or decline?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I will be applying soon and my situation is slightly unusual as I have my maths A level already (I will be studying further maths this year). If I'm applying for physics, will Queen's recognise my A* grade in maths and account for this in my offer, or will they expect me to achieve the entry requirements in my other A levels which I will take in May/June (further maths, physics, chemistry)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.