Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been trying to find the dates of the open days for 2018 entry and I haven't been able to find them. Your website (http://www.qub.ac.uk/Discover/Visit-...pcomingevents/) lists some open days taking place next week, but I was wondering whether you would be able to provide the open day dates for the rest of this year.

Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gymnast7)
    Hi,

I have been trying to find the dates of the open days for 2018 entry and I haven't been able to find them. Your website (http://www.qub.ac.uk/Discover/Visit-...pcomingevents/) lists some open days taking place next week, but I was wondering whether you would be able to provide the open day dates for the rest of this year.

Thank you
    Hi there Gymnast7,

The upcoming dates listed so far are mainly visits to schools and colleges and events for offer holders but the dates for the main open days for 2018 entry have now been confirmed.

They will be taking place from 7th - 9th September 2017. Thursday 7th and Friday 8th September are primarily for schools visiting the university but Saturday 9th is the family day. This is a particularly beneficial day to visit if you have friends and family coming along with you on your visit and it attracts a lot of students who are travelling to the open day.

If you are from outside Northern Ireland and unable to make it to one of our open days you can also arrange a campus tour where we'll show you around the main Lanyon Building, the McClay Library, Queen's Physical Education Centre and Elms student village.

I hope this helps and that you are able to come along!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Do you know what the intake numbers are for the nursing branches and midwifery 2017 .
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello there!

I would just like to ask whether there are other non-ERASMUS options apart from the three universities listed below for Civil Engineering students. I would really like to study in the US for part of my degree

link mentioned:
    http://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/sg...ngeProgrammes/

ReputationRep:
    Hello folks.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any info on when nursing interviews are set to be given out?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carol8825)
    Hi,
    Do you know what the intake numbers are for the nursing branches and midwifery 2017 .
    Thanks
    Hi there Carol8825,

The commissioned places for all fields of Nursing and Midwifery for entry in 2016 were as follows:

Children’s Nursing - 64
    Adult Nursing - 186
    Nursing (Learning Disability) - 130
    Nursing (Mental Health) - 46
    Midwifery - 35

Please note that these figures are subject to change for entry in 2017 based on the requirements of the Department of Health.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please let me know!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KardasDragon)
    Hello there!

I would just like to ask whether there are other non-ERASMUS options apart from the three universities listed below for Civil Engineering students. I would really like to study in the US for part of my degree

link mentioned:
    http://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/sg...ngeProgrammes/
    Hi KardasDragon,

Currently the only exchange programmes run through Queen's (apart from Erasmus exchanges) are the central exchanges, mentioned in the link you included, to Canada and Australia.

An opportunity for study in America which is advertised by Queen's is Study USA, a programme where you add on a year of study to your degree rather than replace the year. This is run by the British Council and will be advertised this Autumn. You can read more about the programme here.

I hope this helps!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s95l)
    Hello folks.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any info on when nursing interviews are set to be given out?

Hi s95I,

The process is currently ongoing so fingers crossed you'll hear something very soon!

If you have any concerns about your application the best thing is to call our Admissions team on 028 9097 3838 or email them at [email protected] and they will be able to advise you.

Best of luck! :crossedf:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s95l)
    Hello folks.

Hello again s95l,

Just a quick update to let you know that the School of Nursing and Midwifery has now confirmed that the first batch of invitations to interview will be posted out later today.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen's University Belfast)
    Hello again s95l,

Just a quick update to let you know that the School of Nursing and Midwifery has now confirmed that the first batch of invitations to interview will be posted out later today.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)
    Hi again,

Got my interview letter yesterday so I can finally relax!

Thanks for the updates!

Just out of curiosity, how many applicants are invited to interview? I've been hearing all sorts of rumours ranging from 1000 people, right up to 3000 people!

ReputationRep:
    Does QUB require interviews for pharmacy? If so, when are they going to be sent out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sama1999)
    Does QUB require interviews for pharmacy? If so, when are they going to be sent out?
    Hey, just some info - a cousin of mine is currently studying pharmacy at Queens and she said you don't need to do an interview. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s95l)
    Hi again,

Got my interview letter yesterday so I can finally relax!

Thanks for the updates!

Just out of curiosity, how many applicants are invited to interview? I've been hearing all sorts of rumours ranging from 1000 people, right up to 3000 people!
    Hi again s95l,

That is brilliant news, congratulations! :thumbsup:

I think there is approximately 1700 invites to interview sent out.

Good luck for the big day!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s95l)
    Hey, just some info - a cousin of mine is currently studying pharmacy at Queens and she said you don't need to do an interview. Hope that helps!
    Hi there sama1999,

Just to confirm s95l's reply to your question, there is indeed no interview as part of the admission to Pharmacy process.

If you have any other queries please let me know.

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my friend applied to the product design and mechanical engineering courses and got his offer three weeks ago today. I also have applied to these same courses and was just wondering if there was a rough idea of when I would hear anything from Queens? If the process is going alphabetically it might make more sense as my friend's surname beings B while mine is K? Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heak96)
    Hi, my friend applied to the product design and mechanical engineering courses and got his offer three weeks ago today. I also have applied to these same courses and was just wondering if there was a rough idea of when I would hear anything from Queens? If the process is going alphabetically it might make more sense as my friend's surname beings B while mine is K? Thanks for any help
    Hi there heak96,

I know the process of making offers is still ongoing so hopefully you will hear something very soon.

If you are concerned about your application you can contact our Admissions team directly to check what stage of the process you are at. You can email them at [email protected] or call them on 028 9097 3838. If you have your UCAS ID at the ready it will enable them to find you easily on their system.

Wishing you the very best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen's University Belfast)
    Hi there heak96,

I know the process of making offers is still ongoing so hopefully you will hear something very soon.

If you are concerned about your application you can contact our Admissions team directly to check what stage of the process you are at. You can email them at [email protected] or call them on 028 9097 3838. If you have your UCAS ID at the ready it will enable them to find you easily on their system.

Wishing you the very best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)
    Would calling them affect my application? I heard some unis test your patience by not replying for long. I applied in october and havent heard back yet for pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    Would calling them affect my application? I heard some unis test your patience by not replying for long. I applied in october and havent heard back yet for pharmacy.
    Hi there sama1999,

Our Admissions team receive email and telephone enquiries daily and are more than happy to help so please don't worry!

Hope you'll hear something back very soon.

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi QUB,

I have a few friends still waiting for nursing imterviews.

Can you tell me if all letters have been sent out yet?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s95l)
    Hi QUB,

I have a few friends still waiting for nursing imterviews.

Can you tell me if all letters have been sent out yet?

Thanks!

Hi there s95I,

There are letters being sent out this week so fingers crossed they'll hear something very soon!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.