Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanG.)
    Hello. Were any of the LLB courses put through clearing last year?
    Hi RyanG,

I can confirm that there were Law courses available on the Clearing and Adjustment system last year.

At this stage in the admissions cycle, it is not possible to advise whether vacancies will be available again this year. However, any vacancies will be advertised on our Clearing website.

Best of luck with everything and if you need anything else just let us know.

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simranpane)
    Medicine!
    Hi again simranpane :hello:

I have just spoken with our Admissions office and they will be sending out letters in June containing all the information you need.

Are you an international student? If so, you can contact our International Student Support team and they will be happy to help answer any questions you may have: [email protected].

I hope this helps!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreaferrer)
    Hi! I received an unconditional offer for a MA in Translation around two months ago. Then about a week after, I applied for the Vice-Chancellor's scholarship as an international student. I think the deadline for that is up for another fifteen days or so. But I was wondering, if that's okay to ask, around how many people have applied? I would like to know what my chances are! Thank you!
    Hi andreaferrer,

Firstly congratulations on your offer! :clap2:

I've just checked with our International Office and unfortunately they cannot give out that information.

It's not long to go now though, so fingers crossed you get some good news!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

Name:  Good Luck FB.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  83.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

And that's okay. You're right, it's soon enough! If anyone else is on the same boat, and wants to talk about how exciting this all is, I'm available. Always helps to share things.

And love the meme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreaferrer)
    Thank you!

And that's okay. You're right, it's soon enough! If anyone else is on the same boat, and wants to talk about how exciting this all is, I'm available. Always helps to share things.

And love the meme!
    You'll be seeing a lot more of this guy from September! :wink2:

You could start a thread on our forum maybe? It might be a good way to get talking to other students heading to Queen's.

Plus we're always here to help if you have any more questions!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    hello does the business economics include alot of maths and maths based modules? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzykate1)
    hello does the business economics include alot of maths and maths based modules? thanks
    Hello izzykate1 :hello:

You can have a look at the overview of the Business Economics course here. It states that "this degree has less of an emphasis on using mathematics compared to a traditional economics degree and the programme fosters numerical skills through the use of up-to-date business applications."

If you click here you can check out the course details for a better idea of what it entails.

Are you thinking of applying for 2018/19 entry?

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, were there any clearing/adjustment vacancies for Computer Science last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pushpins)
    Hey, were there any clearing/adjustment vacancies for Computer Science last year?
    Hi there pushpins,

I'm just checking this out and will let you know when I have an answer.:vroam:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I am currently doing a Level 3 BTEC in IT and am getting higher grades than what I need for the course at uni.
    My concern is that I am going to be behind A Levels with how much I know, I am worried I might struggle with the programming side to my course.
    Can you point me in the direction of some things to learn over summer?

Thank you so much,
    Heidi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidiham)
    Hiya,
    I am currently doing a Level 3 BTEC in IT and am getting higher grades than what I need for the course at uni.
    My concern is that I am going to be behind A Levels with how much I know, I am worried I might struggle with the programming side to my course.
    Can you point me in the direction of some things to learn over summer?

Thank you so much,
    Heidi
    Hi Heidi :hello:

Can I just ask what course you are planning on starting in September?

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen's University Belfast)
    Hi Heidi :hello:

Can I just ask what course you are planning on starting in September?

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)
    I'm going to be studying computing And information technology

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm wanting to study physics/maths and really can't decide between all the different options available (Applied Mathematics and Physics, Theoretical Physics, Astrophysics etc.)! Any advice on deciding? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Heidi,

I'm just checking this out with the school for you and I'll let you know when I have some info! :cyber:

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryndvdmddn)
    Hi,
    I'm wanting to study physics/maths and really can't decide between all the different options available (Applied Mathematics and Physics, Theoretical Physics, Astrophysics etc.)! Any advice on deciding? Thank you!
    Hi Ryndvdmddn,

It might be an idea to start a thread on the Queen's forum as there's more chance someone who has been in a similar position or is studying physics/maths will see it and be able to offer some advice!

Are you thinking of applying for entry in September 2018? Coming along to one of our open days in September would be a great opportunity to talk through the different options with lecturers/students from the School of Mathematics and Physics before you make your final decision.

Kachela
    (Team Queen's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen's University Belfast)
    Hi Ryndvdmddn,

It might be an idea to start a thread on the Queen's forum as there's more chance someone who has been in a similar position or is studying physics/maths will see it and be able to offer some advice!

Are you thinking of applying for entry in September 2018? Coming along to one of our open days in September would be a great opportunity to talk through the different options with lecturers/students from the School of Mathematics and Physics before you make your final decision.

Kachela
    (Team Queen's
    Hey, yes I am thinking of applying for 2018 entry. I had visited Queen's a few months ago and met with some lecturers, I'm just trying to decide exactly which course is right for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pushpins)
    Hi pushpins,

There doesn't seem to have been any Computer related courses on last year but every year is different so some may appear for 2017/18 places following the release of results.

You can register for our clearing updates here.

Best of luck with everything!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi Heidi,

The school has recommended that a good start would be getting familiar with Java programming in general and some object orientated java programming concepts although they will start from the beginning in first year.

Hope this helps a bit!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I will be applying next year for 2018 entry for biomedical sciences and i was wondering if the Extended Project Qualification was taken into account when an offer is made?Also, what is the universities policy on unconditional offers? are they only given out once A level results are already achieved or can you get one based on predicted grades and personal statements etc.?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livged_8)
    Hi,I will be applying next year for 2018 entry for biomedical sciences and i was wondering if the Extended Project Qualification was taken into account when an offer is made?Also, what is the universities policy on unconditional offers? are they only given out once A level results are already achieved or can you get one based on predicted grades and personal statements etc.?Thanks
    Hi Livged_8 :hello:

I have checked this out with Admissions for you and they have said that while the University recognises the value of skills developed in the Extended Project, it does not form part of any offer issued. However, it may be taken into consideration in borderline cases in August in lieu of an additional AS-level.

Also when I have the unconditional offer information for you I'll let you know!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.