Turn on thread page Beta

joint degrees vs single degrees watch

Announcements

Are joint degrees less competetive than single degrees.im thinking in terms of are u more or less likely to get a place if uve missed the grades by a bit if applying for a joint degree than if u were applying for a single degree.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see why whether its joint or single should make any difference so I think it doesn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Are joint degrees less competetive than single degrees.im thinking in terms of are u more or less likely to get a place if uve missed the grades by a bit if applying for a joint degree than if u were applying for a single degree.
    I'm not entirely sure about this so hopefully someone else will be able to answer. Though I think the competitiveness for a place on a degree course is more to do with a universities reputation on the subject than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Joint degrees are usually higly competetive as well. As Koloth said, I think it's down to the quality of the university.

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for a joint degree(Economics and Geography-BBB) at Leeds, and i know both these degrees are v.popular individually. Im uncertain ill get my grades, more likely to get BBC, you think its likely they would still let me in?

Obviously only got 5 days to wait to find out tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GibbonGimp)
    Ive applied for a joint degree(Economics and Geography-BBB) at Leeds, and i know both these degrees are v.popular individually. Im uncertain ill get my grades, more likely to get BBC, you think its likely they would still let me in?

Obviously only got 5 days to wait to find out tho!
    I would let you in if you got BBC. There is a good chance you'll get in. But 5 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes, 8 seconds to go and I hope you get BBB (or better).

ReputationRep:
    Cheers dude,same to u, well i have prayed to all the gods, even the TV gods (Keith Chegwin,Timmy Mallet etc) just to be sure, all i need now is a nice looking 16year old female virgin to sacrifice.....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.