joint degrees vs single degrees

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Are joint degrees less competetive than single degrees.im thinking in terms of are u more or less likely to get a place if uve missed the grades by a bit if applying for a joint degree than if u were applying for a single degree.
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't really see why whether its joint or single should make any difference so I think it doesn't
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Are joint degrees less competetive than single degrees.im thinking in terms of are u more or less likely to get a place if uve missed the grades by a bit if applying for a joint degree than if u were applying for a single degree.
I'm not entirely sure about this so hopefully someone else will be able to answer. Though I think the competitiveness for a place on a degree course is more to do with a universities reputation on the subject than anything else.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Joint degrees are usually higly competetive as well. As Koloth said, I think it's down to the quality of the university.
Suk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ive applied for a joint degree(Economics and Geography-BBB) at Leeds, and i know both these degrees are v.popular individually. Im uncertain ill get my grades, more likely to get BBC, you think its likely they would still let me in?

Obviously only got 5 days to wait to find out tho!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by GibbonGimp)
Ive applied for a joint degree(Economics and Geography-BBB) at Leeds, and i know both these degrees are v.popular individually. Im uncertain ill get my grades, more likely to get BBC, you think its likely they would still let me in?

Obviously only got 5 days to wait to find out tho!
I would let you in if you got BBC. There is a good chance you'll get in. But 5 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes, 8 seconds to go and I hope you get BBB (or better).
Suk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cheers dude,same to u, well i have prayed to all the gods, even the TV gods (Keith Chegwin,Timmy Mallet etc) just to be sure, all i need now is a nice looking 16year old female virgin to sacrifice.....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
7.85%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (42)
7.85%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (128)
23.93%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.64%
No, nothing has changed (165)
30.84%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (85)
15.89%

Watched Threads