The Student Room Group

Please someone how does edexcel triple science work!?

so i'm in year 11, and i am doing triple science however i do not know how it works what i mean by that is:
1) does it overall count as 1 core science gcse 1 additional science gcse and 1 further additional gcse
2) or are b1 b2 and b3 , c1, c2 and c3, p1, p2 and p3 added together to give
biology gcse, chemistry gcse and physics gcse??

i need to know this because in year 10 i did my core science and got a B overall but a c in physics so im worried that if even i get A* in p2 and an A/A* in P3 it will drop my physics gcse grade down so if that was the case i was going to resit the physics,
but if it is not like that than i would just leave my core science grade as it is a B which is o.k .a.ay and spending time on the other sciences, whereas if not then i have to retake core which is such a hassle!
Reply 1
Original post by Salwachemi
so i'm in year 11, and i am doing triple science however i do not know how it works what i mean by that is:
1) does it overall count as 1 core science gcse 1 additional science gcse and 1 further additional gcse

i need to know this because in year 10 i did my core science and got a B overall but a c in physics so im worried that if even i get A* in p2 and an A/A* in P3 it will drop my physics gcse grade down so if that was the case i was going to resit the physics,
but if it is not like that than i would just leave my core science grade as it is a B which is o.k .a.ay and spending time on the other sciences, whereas if not then i have to retake core which is such a hassle!

Core, additional and further additional :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by kyx
core, additional and further additional :wink:

oh my god are you serioussssssssssss!! Have you done it? You literally made my day xx:wink:
Reply 3
oh my god are you serioussssssssssss!! Have you done it? You literally made my day xx:wink:

I did it before :wink:

You're welcome :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Kyx
I did it before :wink:

You're welcome :wink:

SO SORRY for the questions but what year are you in because the spec for edexcel changed in 2011 just wondering...?
Reply 5
SO SORRY for the questions but what year are you in because the spec for edexcel changed in 2011 just wondering...?

I am in year 13.

I did core in 2012, additional in 2013 and further additional in 2014 :wink:
Reply 6

It can be 'chopped up' either way but if you have already taken Core Science then you will continue with Add Science and Further Additional Science. (As you have to take all the exams for a GCSE in a single exam season, you would have to re-sit B1, C1 and P1 in order to get GCSEs in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.)
Reply 7
so sorry but im not really clear on your point.. i just want to know th end result thankss x
Original post by Compost
It can be 'chopped up' either way but if you have already taken Core Science then you will continue with Add Science and Further Additional Science. (As you have to take all the exams for a GCSE in a single exam season, you would have to re-sit B1, C1 and P1 in order to get GCSEs in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.)
Reply 8
so sorry but im not really clear on your point.. i just want to know th end result thankss x

For you, the end result with be Science, Additional Science and Further Additional Science because that is the way your school has chosen to do it. Students at some other schools will get Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Reply 9
Original post by Compost
For you, the end result with be Science, Additional Science and Further Additional Science because that is the way your school has chosen to do it. Students at some other schools will get Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

oh right okay ! i understand now so the school chooses thank you so much you really helped me ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest