Difference between NCSYes and NCS the challenge?

Watch
Kritz_2608
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys! My friends and I were wondering what the difference was between NCSYes and NCS the challenge? If anyone knows then that would be great.

Thanks for all your help in advance xx
justpondering
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the Challenge is a specific area of NCS (the London area I think) so the provider's name. NCS Yes is the campaign encouraging people to take part (which is a really good idea )

If you have any questions about NCS, feel free to message me - I did it in the summer and loved it
zaina_q99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do not have a fear of heights but I do have a fear of rock climbing in particular. Mostly because I'm not good at it and I get really embarrassed when I can't do it. Can you opt out of doing it if you don't want to? Also, I am on programme 6 this summer, do you know what is involved in this programme? Is there rock climbing in every programme?
(Original post by justpondering)
I think the Challenge is a specific area of NCS (the London area I think) so the provider's name. NCS Yes is the campaign encouraging people to take part (which is a really good idea )

If you have any questions about NCS, feel free to message me - I did it in the summer and loved it
justpondering
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zaina_q99)
I do not have a fear of heights but I do have a fear of rock climbing in particular. Mostly because I'm not good at it and I get really embarrassed when I can't do it. Can you opt out of doing it if you don't want to? Also, I am on programme 6 this summer, do you know what is involved in this programme? Is there rock climbing in every programme?
Unfortunately I don't know what will be on your programme haha, but there is a possibility that rock climbing will appear. I'd encourage you to have a go; no one is going to judge you if you can only get a little way up the wall (I'm the same!!) I would say to give everything a go - I didn't feel confident caving but I had a go
At the end of the day, they can't force you and they wouldn't - if you really don't feel like you can do it, you don't have to
Hope this helps!
AskingTheQs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So are they the same thing?
niamhdoesmaths
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AskingTheQs)
So are they the same thing?
The Challenge is one of the providers of NCS - they're the biggest one. There are others, but if you do decide to do NCS it'll most likely, but not necessarly, be through The Challenge.

NCS is the programme itself. Their slogan is "Say yes to NCS" which is probably where "ncsyes" comes from on their website and social media platforms.

If you sign up, you'll sign up to take part in NCS. Whether this is through The Challenge or another provider, the experiences I'm sure are very similar.

I did NCS last Summer (with The Challenge) so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask in PMs or create a new thread, as this one is pretty outdated
Unknown02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Protostar)
The Challenge is one of the providers of NCS - they're the biggest one. There are others, but if you do decide to do NCS it'll most likely, but not necessarly, be through The Challenge.

NCS is the programme itself. Their slogan is "Say yes to NCS" which is probably where "ncsyes" comes from on their website and social media platforms.

If you sign up, you'll sign up to take part in NCS. Whether this is through The Challenge or another provider, the experiences I'm sure are very similar.

I did NCS last Summer (with The Challenge) so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask in PMs or create a new thread, as this one is pretty outdated

Can you tell me a little about what you did on the first week like the activites you did because I’ve booked a place for this summer
niamhdoesmaths
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Unknown02)
Can you tell me a little about what you did on the first week like the activites you did because I’ve booked a place for this summer
I made a post about it here ages ago: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...74&postcount=5

In future, please try not to bump old threads and instead create a new one. This way you're more likely to get responses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed