Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

English! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please read over this and improve it if possible. Also please rate it, and tell me if it isn't your type of story! Happy reading!

One glimpse and my heart is revived. Carefully my eyes devour my surroundings. Struggling to the window, my body pulverised, I see the black enclose me. However I sense the glints of hope nonetheless flood me. I’m in a huge room, a somewhat radiant white, but in my eyes everything is dull. I glare at my phone, remorse floods my system, 4th March 2052. Frozen in time, every second. Millions of times. Longer.
    The water numbs my hands and rejuvenates my face. Images distort my mind, I attempt to neglect them. It doesn’t work. Whilst pondering over my assignment it permeates my mind, the corpse of her absent soul cast on the carpet. Her youthful eyes were petrified and her long dark hair lost its colour, all in that one moment, and another hundred people were aberrantly executed. Anguish makes me recall how I let them coerce me into this. Nearby I see the calendar with the dates. How long has it been?
    Hunger. I scavenge for food, like a feral beast exploring my way around. Bread. Stale and coarse like sandpaper, yet I savour every bite. I chew slowly, foolishly praying it will fill my stomach if I do so. I dissipate a lukewarm cup of green tea. With no idea as to what to do next, I force myself back into bed. No drama, no screams and fortunately no deaths. Why do I feel like I have come to a better place?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Can someone please read over this and improve it if possible. Also please rate it, and tell me if it isn't your type of story! Happy reading!

One glimpse and my heart is revived. Carefully my eyes devour my surroundings. Struggling to the window, my body pulverised, I see the black enclose me. However I sense the glints of hope nonetheless flood me. I’m in a huge room, a somewhat radiant white, but in my eyes everything is dull. I glare at my phone, remorse floods my system, 4th March 2052. Frozen in time, every second. Millions of times. Longer.
    The water numbs my hands and rejuvenates my face. Images distort my mind, I attempt to neglect them. It doesn’t work. Whilst pondering over my assignment it permeates my mind, the corpse of her absent soul cast on the carpet. Her youthful eyes were petrified and her long dark hair lost its colour, all in that one moment, and another hundred people were aberrantly executed. Anguish makes me recall how I let them coerce me into this. Nearby I see the calendar with the dates. How long has it been?
    Hunger. I scavenge for food, like a feral beast exploring my way around. Bread. Stale and coarse like sandpaper, yet I savour every bite. I chew slowly, foolishly praying it will fill my stomach if I do so. I dissipate a lukewarm cup of green tea. With no idea as to what to do next, I force myself back into bed. No drama, no screams and fortunately no deaths. Why do I feel like I have come to a better place?
    It sounds a bit like you've written the story, and then looked up every single word in a thesaurus - it makes it a little unnatural and forced to read
    Try to make your language techniques a bit more subtle and integrated into the rest of the text, and don't make them too forced, too often

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Ok thanks
    BTW I only thesaurused 3 words: Dissipate, Aberrantly and Permeate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.