Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My journey to GCSE success- and to prove everyone wrong! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think GROW YOUR GRADES is great because now i have even more motivation to study!
    I got my predicted grades and they were terrible! I was predicted Cs, Bs and D!

OK SO OBVIOUSLY I DO NOT WANT THESE GRADES!!
    This is what i hope to get:

English- A*
    Maths- B
    RE- A
    Core Science- B
    Additional Science- B
    Psychology- A
    French- C
    History- A

Ive already started to do notes on the science specification but I really need to start revising for the others- half term is going to be the start of my hard-core revision but obviously i need to start from now!

Tonight i am just going to start my cold war history revision(my teacher is soooo bad so i have to teach myself)
    then i am going to print off my past papers for additional science and psychology so i am prepared.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstylesxx)
    I think GROW YOUR GRADES is great because now i have even more motivation to study!

English- A*
    Maths- B
    RE- A
    Core Science- B
    Additional Science- B
    Psychology- A
    French- C
    History- A

Ive already started to do notes on the science specification but I really need to start revising for the others- half term is going to be the start of my hard-core revision but obviously i need to start from now!

Tonight i am just going to start my cold war history revision(my teacher is soooo bad so i have to teach myself)
    then i am going to print off my past papers for additional science and psychology so i am prepared.
    Nice start of your GYG thread, I could assist with the Cold War revision for History as I have recently finished the topic. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:

English- A*
    Maths- B
    RE- A
    Core Science- B
    Additional Science- B
    Psychology- A
    French- C
    History- A

Hey don't worry about predicted grades for gcse.
    I was predicted no A*s 2 A's, the rest B's and C's
    Came out with 3 A* 8A's and one B haha

Prove them wrong - work hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Nice start of your GYG thread, I could assist with the Cold War revision for History as I have recently finished the topic. Good Luck!
    Thanks and yes please I do not know much about the cold war at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    Hey don't worry about predicted grades for gcse.
    I was predicted no A*s 2 A's, the rest B's and C's
    Came out with 3 A* 8A's and one B haha

Prove them wrong - work hard
    aww that makes me feel better - I'm going to start working sooo hard

ReputationRep:

English- A*
    Maths- B
    RE- A
    Core Science- B
    Additional Science- B
    Psychology- A
    French- C
    History- A

You'll do great as long as you keep working!! I was told I'd get all Bs, Cs and a D too but I did a load of work & ended up with all 3A*s and 7As! (Oh and with the history I think I did a different history course to you but something that really helped me was keeping notecards full of dates/facts in my pocket and going over them a couple of times a day for a couple of months because I found it so hard to remember them all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disneylandem)
    You'll do great as long as you keep working!! I was told I'd get all Bs, Cs and a D too but I did a load of work & ended up with all 3A*s and 7As! (Oh and with the history I think I did a different history course to you but something that really helped me was keeping notecards full of dates/facts in my pocket and going over them a couple of times a day for a couple of months because I found it so hard to remember them all)
    thanks for the tips!

ReputationRep:
    ok so its hit me how close GCSE's are! Today I am doing psychology revision as i hope to get an A in the exam in may.
    Im not going to lie... i did get a bit distracted when using the computer and ended up looking at prom dresses

But i am BACK ON TRACK now and I'm making cue cards for Social Influece and then I'm going to mark a test paper i did using the AQA mark scheme. Maybe if I'm not too tired after i will do some more cold war notes!

I plan to revise from 6:30pm - 10:00pm on school nights (with breaks of course) and that way i can get more than one subject in. After half term i am going to go back to school a new person. I really am gong to start making effort because May is just TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AWAY!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ok so its hit me how close GCSE's are! Today I am doing psychology revision as i hope to get an A in the exam in may.
    Im not going to lie... i did get a bit distracted when using the computer and ended up looking at prom dresses

But i am BACK ON TRACK now and I'm making cue cards for Social Influece and then I'm going to mark a test paper i did using the AQA mark scheme. Maybe if I'm not too tired after i will do some more cold war notes!

I plan to revise from 6:30pm - 10:00pm on school nights (with breaks of course) and that way i can get more than one subject in. After half term i am going to go back to school a new person. I really am gong to start making effort because May is just TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AWAY!!!
    3 and a half hour revision is a bit too much and I doubt you'll be able to remember much of it despite the breaks. Good Luck however ...

ReputationRep:
    So this half-term hasn't been as productive as i hoped but now i have got myself in the mood. My phone is completely broken so thats one distraction gone i guess
    Im now doing revision in 1hr slots so that i don't do too much at a time.

i just did psychology and I've just realised how much I've forgotten- GO THROUGH THINGS YOU HAVENT COVERED IN A LONG TIME even if you think you know it- i was shocked at how little i know!

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    GOOD LUCK :yy:
    thanks! good luck to you too!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You go for it!! Prove everyone who ever doubted you wrong, they will be envious when you turn up on results day to an envelope full of superb grades!!

If you have time, check out my blog http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511 and I am also doing Cold War so if you would like to know anything, leave a comment and I'll get back to you

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    You go for it!! Prove everyone who ever doubted you wrong, they will be envious when you turn up on results day to an envelope full of superb grades!!

If you have time, check out my blog http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511 and I am also doing Cold War so if you would like to know anything, leave a comment and I'll get back to you

Good luck
    thank you! I just checked out your blog and I find you very inspiring- you will definitely get your A*'s

ReputationRep:
    doing some additional physics now!
    then I'm going to improve my french speaking prep!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.