The Student Room Group

BIMM London or LIPA

Hello. I'm Yoshiki, from Japan. I've got offers from BIMM London (Music Production) and LIPA(Music). I've been unable to decide if I should study at BIMM or LIPA. I like both of universities. So would anyone give me some advices please?

Many thanks,
Hey, Yoshiki! Depends what you're looking for really. Sounds like you're doing different courses at those universities. I have a place at LIPA too to do sound tech in 2016. If I were you, I'd take the LIPA offer because it really is a great place to be by the looks of things and I'm really excited to go! I also got BIMM offers but it didn't seem as good. Not many people get into LIPA too so you should be proud of that even if you don't go. Anyway, hope to see you in Sept.
Please can I ask how long you had to wait to get a reply after your audition. My son auditioned last week and the suspense is killing me.
Reply 3
Original post by bertieguitar1
Hey, Yoshiki! Depends what you're looking for really. Sounds like you're doing different courses at those universities. I have a place at LIPA too to do sound tech in 2016. If I were you, I'd take the LIPA offer because it really is a great place to be by the looks of things and I'm really excited to go! I also got BIMM offers but it didn't seem as good. Not many people get into LIPA too so you should be proud of that even if you don't go. Anyway, hope to see you in Sept.

Thank you for your advice!! I'm wondering whether I ought to study in London or not.
I'm living in London now and it's really exciting. Do you think Liverpool is a good city to study music? And the biggest problem is LIPA's tuition fees are really expensive! hahaha
Reply 4
Original post by singingdeb
Please can I ask how long you had to wait to get a reply after your audition. My son auditioned last week and the suspense is killing me.

Would you tell me which university?
LIPA and Leeds college of Music. Also BIMM Manchester.
Reply 6

I got a reply from LIPA after 10 days my audition! It was very quick!
And I think I got a reply from BIMM London after 2-3 weeks my interview.

I got a reply from LIPA after a few days but it can take up to three weeks.
Original post by yoshiki
Thank you for your advice!! I'm wondering whether I ought to study in London or not.
I'm living in London now and it's really exciting. Do you think Liverpool is a good city to study music? And the biggest problem is LIPA's tuition fees are really expensive! hahaha

Up to you really but Liverpool is awesome for music! I really love visiting there :smile: Yeah true, it is expensive but it's worth it for career prospects as it's well respected in the industry.
Reply 9
Original post by yoshiki

I would go at LIPA. I live in London as well and I am attending BIMM. Liverpool is a great city, very friendly people and the rent is more affordable than London. Maybe BIMM is cheaper but in London you will pay definitely more in rent or transport. I think living in Liverpool is still cheaper ant LIPA is a wonderful place. If I could change I will go straight away at LIPA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending