The Student Room Group

Jobs

I'm 14 (15 in 9 days :smile: ) and want a job. Do people allow 14/15 yr olds jobs, or am i too young?
Not big companies- maybe a small local shop or cafe.
You'd have to get a child work permit from your school though.
Original post by TreeFrog_137
I'm 14 (15 in 9 days :smile: ) and want a job. Do people allow 14/15 yr olds jobs, or am i too young?

Once you are 15, go around some local shops and cafes. They may not have work for you know but cafes in particular will probably have summer work :smile:
(Also, you dont need a child work permit, despite what the other poster said)
Reply 3
Ok, thanks both of you :smile: big help
Original post by LiquidGold
Once you are 15, go around some local shops and cafes. They may not have work for you know but cafes in particular will probably have summer work :smile:
(Also, you dont need a child work permit, despite what the other poster said)

You do need a permit:'If you want to employ a child you may need to obtain a work permit for that child from the local authority where your business is based.A child includes any person who has not yet reached compulsory school leaving age.'
Reply 5
Original post by hxfsxh
You do need a permit:'If you want to employ a child you may need to obtain a work permit for that child from the local authority where your business is based.A child includes any person who has not yet reached compulsory school leaving age.'

Ok, i'll keep that in mind :smile:
Original post by TreeFrog_137

You must have a STRONG work ethic!!

Try for a paper round.
Original post by hxfsxh

Okay but what i meant was that it doesnt effect the OP, it's the employers responsiblity isn't it?
Okay but what i meant was that it doesnt effect the OP, it's the employers responsiblity isn't it?

Depends on the employer- some provide it, and sometimes the kid has to get it. I had to get my permit from the council and get it signed by school and the employer.
Original post by hxfsxh
Depends on the employer- some provide it, and sometimes the kid has to get it. I had to get my permit from the council and get it signed by school and the employer.

Really! Well, i apologise, i really thought i was right as well haha
Really! Well, i apologise, i really thought i was right as well haha

Haha, its fine! It might be different for every local authority though, so the OP should check themselves :smile:
a paper round

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending