A level subjects needed for financial risk analyst/manager

Watch
Pooja_Nathan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would like to become a financial risk analyst/manager in the future and I will be choosing my options for A-levels soon. I am planning to choose Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Sociology/Accounts but I'm not sure about my options. Help?
BinaryJava
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Perfect options, can't really see any problem with those subjects. Financial risk is something I am hoping to get into and I am taking maths, further maths and economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Raza4765
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
In regards to your options, maths is a must really, and if you have chosen to do further maths along side A level maths then that increases your chances further. Getting into Financial risk management however the most comment option is the study a highly quantitative undergraduate degree. Something along the lines of 'Financial mathematics/computation, Mathematical finance, Quantitative Finance, Economics + Maths. The key components in my opinion is maths/computing.

There are professional qualification you can also obtain along side your studies, These are GARPs FRM ( Financial Risk Manager) Qualification and PRMIA's PRM (Professional Risk Manager) Qualification. Both of these can easily be obtained during your undergraduate degree and depending on what university you go to, you might end up being exempt from some exams.

I hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise