The Student Room Group

Pressure of relationship leading to marriage.

I'm feeling pressured in staying with my bf throughout uni and on because of how serious and how our families have already excepted one another.
It's overwhelming because firstly, I'm nearly 21 and he's almost 19 and I feel the pressure is more on me to put up with his problems.

And honestly, I know he's the one which is probably why they're so serious already. And if I leave him, it'll be my fault. And it's making me unhappy and in a way caged.
Reply 1
just use him for the good sex
You think he's 'The One'? People spend their lives looking for the one.

But don't put it on him that you feel caged - Marriage is hard enough without you feeling like you lost out. He deserves better than to have you get married and, 10 years from now, tell him that you felt pressured to marry him and that you basically settled for him.

Either be with him or don't - You aren't trapped. Either put up with his foibles(Everyone has them) or don't. If you feel you need something different, tell him and leave him.

Marriage is wonderful and incredible and a blessing, but it's hard work. If you're having doubts now, imagine the doubts you'll have 20 years from now with several kids, a mortgage and one of you gets laid off or sick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending