The Student Room Group

Algerian rapist shouts INSHALLAH whilst raping German girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
You answered the first bit but how does that apply to this case where a guy rapes a random women on the street?

It doesn't apply. I think it's stupid to suggest that this case was motivated by religion.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Just to be clear, are you genuinely saying that these guys will contribute as much in tax as it will cost to take them in and support them?

Have you suffered a head injury?

Yes, why shouldn't they? Or at least that they will require no more support than native Brits, as is presently the case for non-EU immigrants.
Reply 122
Original post by samir12
What is the Islamic definition of a "captive" then and how does it apply to raping a random person on the street?
In a purely Quranic context, it ranges from those taken in battle, to those taken in a raid on a caravan in their own territory. The latter is commercial and civil, rather than military, which could lead to a very wide interpretation as to what a "captive" is and how they may be taken.

A lone horseman, riding into an oasis encampment at night and snatching a girl, to then ride off into the night, would certainly regard her as his captive (what thy right hand possesses) and would believe that he was permitted (by both Quran and sahih hadith) to have sex with her.

Now, most rational people recognise that the Quran and sunnah are historically and culturally relative documents that do not apply to 21st century Europe. However, there are some who really, really believe in their contents, who are absolutely certain that they still do apply, in their entirety. And some of those will be prepared to act on that belief.

Not saying that this is the case in this instance. Just that it is a possibility.
Original post by oShahpo
It doesn't apply. I think it's stupid to suggest that this case was motivated by religion.

Well it was motivated by his own interpretation of the religion, same with extremists being motivated by their own interpretation of the religion to blow **** up. It's a good thing these people are in the minority then otherwise we would all be ****ed then lol.
Original post by samir12
Well it was motivated by his own interpretation of the religion, same with extremists being motivated by their own interpretation of the religion to blow **** up. It's a good thing these people are in the minority then otherwise we would all be ****ed then lol.

He was motivated by his sex drive, nothing more nothing less.
Original post by oShahpo
Do you read Arabic? Do you what "Melk al-yameen" means? I do, and it means slaves. The Quran states clearly that you can have sex only with your wives and those whom your right hand possesses "Melk al-yameen".

Much of white western European culture is built on, or harks back to, the Romans and they were no different. Undoubtedly no Muslim today should be keeping slaves and raping them. And you will see only a very few of the hardline Saudi wahhabis do this. I don’t think you'll find slaves tied up in the cellar of Imran's corner shop.
I doubt he actually said "Inshallah" it's simply out of context with the situation. "Inshallah" is like saying "maybe" or "hopefully" to talk about a future event. Something like "Inshallah I will graduate with complete honours". It just wouldn't make sense for someone to say "inshallah" while raping someone since it's already happening in present tense. She probably misheard what he was saying in Arabic and manipulated her account of the story to serve an ulterior Islamophobic agenda.

However, that still leaves us with the present situation. An EU citizen was sexually assaulted by a refugee.

This was always going to happen when you let two large differing populations interact with each other.

Do I support immigration and the influx of refugees? Debatable. IMO, it is the right of every single innocent human being to escape persecution and political instability in search of a better life.

With that being said, stricter immigration control should be implemented so we can keep out people with psychopathic and violent tendencies who have the potential to cause problems to society. To completely attribute it to Islam however, is almost completely unjustified. Muslims immigrating to the EU is not a new thing and it has been happening for quite a while. Did they cause an uproar when they immigrated? No, in fact you could say they've assimilated quite well especially in the UK where there are huge established communities of Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, and Malaysians. The problem is that with the sheer inflation in the scale of immigration occuring now has led to the ineffiency of the screening process and now we have rapists and criminals running amok in the streets.
Reply 127
Original post by oShahpo
Having sex with someone who isn't your wife or slave is something you get flogged for in the Quran.
Correct. However, international law considers sex with a slave to be rape.

As for the rape of captives, I don't think it applies here.
It is covered by sex with slaves. And is therefore rape.

Anyway, to be honest, it is stupid to think that those people are ONLY raping because an ancient book tells them to do so. For the billionth time I say it, the Middle East, specially the poorer places like Algeria, has a significant population of "chavvy" imbeciles who have absolutely no moral laws or anything. There is not enough security forces, be it police or otherwise, to teach what's right and wrong in their countries and so once they're 18-19 they will have developed a criminal nature that you can't just erase. Now you take this class of people and you throw them in a country filled with beautiful women, you'd be stupid not to expect **** like this.
All very reasonable, but the issue was whether Islam permits the raping of slaves and captives, which it does, and along with a general culture of misogyny it certainly isn't going to make the situation you discribe any better.
Original post by QE2
In a purely Quranic context, it ranges from those taken in battle, to those taken in a raid on a caravan in their own territory. The latter is commercial and civil, rather than military, which could lead to a very wide interpretation as to what a "captive" is and how they may be taken.

A lone horseman, riding into an oasis encampment at night and snatching a girl, to then ride off into the night, would certainly regard her as his captive (what thy right hand possesses) and would believe that he was permitted (by both Quran and sahih hadith) to have sex with her.

Now, most rational people recognise that the Quran and sunnah are historically and culturally relative documents that do not apply to 21st century Europe. However, there are some who really, really believe in their contents, who are absolutely certain that they still do apply, in their entirety. And some of those will be prepared to act on that belief.

Not saying that this is the case in this instance. Just that it is a possibility.

Good post, I see where you are coming from.
Reply 129
Original post by al_94
You call that sex slaves that's your misinterpretation you can't push your misinterpretation onto me
In what way does "sex slaves" not apply to "female slaves who are used for sex"?
Original post by QE2
Correct. However, international law considers sex with a slave to be rape.

It is covered by sex with slaves. And is therefore rape.

All very reasonable, but the issue was whether Islam permits the raping of slaves and captives, which it does, and along with a general culture of misogyny it certainly isn't going to make the situation you discribe any better.

Definitely not, I am just trying to convey that the situation that occurred here is not allowed in Islam, that's all.
Original post by scrotgrot
Much of white western European culture is built on, or harks back to, the Romans and they were no different. Undoubtedly no Muslim today should be keeping slaves and raping them. And you will see only a very few of the hardline Saudi wahhabis do this. I don’t think you'll find slaves tied up in the cellar of Imran's corner shop.

Absolutely not, I would say 99% of Muslims would strongly resist the idea of a sex slave, I am only arguing against the book and not it's people.
Original post by EccentricDiamond
are you required by Islam to defend rapists ?

you have to bear with al_94 , in islamic terms there needs to be evidence from at least 4 male witnesses for this to be treated as a rape
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by oShahpo
I don't think it was motivated by religion. It was almost certainly motivated by sexual desire. However, the religious element could have been an enabler.
Original post by QE2
I don't think it was motivated by religion. It was almost certainly motivated by sexual desire. However, the religious element could have been an enabler.

Not in this case, not rightly at least. I think what he might have said was "Ma Sha'allah" which is means in Arabic is said when something beautiful or extraordinary is seen, definitely not InShallah which is used to refer to future events. Anyway, he should be kicked out of the country if he's not a citizen regardless of his motivation.
Original post by oShahpo
Absolutely not, I would say 99% of Muslims would strongly resist the idea of a sex slave, I am only arguing against the book and not it's people.

Then surely this is not about Muslims but Wahhabis. In which case most Muslims would be our allies.
(edited 8 years ago)

I don't see how race, religion or country of origin has to come into it at all. Under blind justice, if Muslims rape more, we will see commensurately more Muslims behind bars for rape - no more or less of them than is deserved.

in france the imprisonment rate for those with 'islamic background' is 3 or 4 times higher than those of any other faith background. this is confusing seeing as im sure youll understand as you can go on the ISOC website and hear that having an islamic background is better than haveing any other sort of background and' islam is the best way etc'
(edited 8 years ago)
Then surely this is not about Muslims but Wahhabis. In which case most Muslims would be your allies.

I have no idea who the Wahhabis are.
Then surely this is not about Muslims but Wahhabis. In which case most Muslims would be our allies.

no, the wahabis did not write the passages about taking sex slaves. nor were they resposible for mohammed and caliphates taking sex slaves within their own islamic societies.
Original post by Reformed
in france the imprisonment rate for those with 'islamic background' is 3 or 4 times higher than those of any other faith background. this is confusing seeing as im sure youll understand as you can go on the ISOC website and hear that having an islamic background is better than haveing any other sort of background and' islam is the best way etc'

it's roughly the same in the UK

about 5% of the population but about 15% of the prison population

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending