Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Algerian rapist shouts INSHALLAH whilst raping German girl Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    You call that sex slaves that's your misinterpretation you can't push your misinterpretation onto me
    In what way does "sex slaves" not apply to "female slaves who are used for sex"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Correct. However, international law considers sex with a slave to be rape.

It is covered by sex with slaves. And is therefore rape.

All very reasonable, but the issue was whether Islam permits the raping of slaves and captives, which it does, and along with a general culture of misogyny it certainly isn't going to make the situation you discribe any better.
    Definitely not, I am just trying to convey that the situation that occurred here is not allowed in Islam, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Much of white western European culture is built on, or harks back to, the Romans and they were no different. Undoubtedly no Muslim today should be keeping slaves and raping them. And you will see only a very few of the hardline Saudi wahhabis do this. I don’t think you'll find slaves tied up in the cellar of Imran's corner shop.
    Absolutely not, I would say 99% of Muslims would strongly resist the idea of a sex slave, I am only arguing against the book and not it's people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    are you required by Islam to defend rapists ?
    you have to bear with al_94 , in islamic terms there needs to be evidence from at least 4 male witnesses for this to be treated as a rape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    It doesn't apply. I think it's stupid to suggest that this case was motivated by religion.
    I don't think it was motivated by religion. It was almost certainly motivated by sexual desire. However, the religious element could have been an enabler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    I don't think it was motivated by religion. It was almost certainly motivated by sexual desire. However, the religious element could have been an enabler.
    Not in this case, not rightly at least. I think what he might have said was "Ma Sha'allah" which is means in Arabic is said when something beautiful or extraordinary is seen, definitely not InShallah which is used to refer to future events. Anyway, he should be kicked out of the country if he's not a citizen regardless of his motivation.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not, I would say 99% of Muslims would strongly resist the idea of a sex slave, I am only arguing against the book and not it's people.
    Then surely this is not about Muslims but Wahhabis. In which case most Muslims would be our allies.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how race, religion or country of origin has to come into it at all. Under blind justice, if Muslims rape more, we will see commensurately more Muslims behind bars for rape - no more or less of them than is deserved.
    in france the imprisonment rate for those with 'islamic background' is 3 or 4 times higher than those of any other faith background. this is confusing seeing as im sure youll understand as you can go on the ISOC website and hear that having an islamic background is better than haveing any other sort of background and' islam is the best way etc'

ReputationRep:
    Then surely this is not about Muslims but Wahhabis. In which case most Muslims would be your allies.
    I have no idea who the Wahhabis are.

ReputationRep:
    Then surely this is not about Muslims but Wahhabis. In which case most Muslims would be our allies.
    no, the wahabis did not write the passages about taking sex slaves. nor were they resposible for mohammed and caliphates taking sex slaves within their own islamic societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    in france the imprisonment rate for those with 'islamic background' is 3 or 4 times higher than those of any other faith background. this is confusing seeing as im sure youll understand as you can go on the ISOC website and hear that having an islamic background is better than haveing any other sort of background and' islam is the best way etc'
    it's roughly the same in the UK

about 5% of the population but about 15% of the prison population

ReputationRep:
    Well there we are. If Muslims are indeed 3-4 times more criminal, the system works. No judgement need be made on religion. The law applies dispassionately. If there are 3-4 times as many Muslim rapists 3-4 times as many will be put away

ReputationRep:
    I doubt very much that 99% of muslims reject this part of the quran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    it's roughly the same in the UK

about 5% of the population but about 15% of the prison population
    actually having just looked at it, in france those with the benefit of an islamic background actually take up over 40% of national prison population. so im guessing the multiple would be even higher

ReputationRep:
    no, the wahabis did not write the passages about taking sex slaves. nor were they resposible for mohammed and caliphates taking sex slaves within their own islamic societies.
    You're right, they didn't exist then. Islamic culture in general must have been as different from what we know today as early Christian culture is from today. However Wahhabis are the only ones who attempt to practise the Quran as it is written in all its barbarity.

ReputationRep:
    Well there we are. If Muslims are indeed 3-4 times more criminal, the system works. No judgement need be made on religion. The law applies dispassionately. If there are 3-4 times as many Muslim rapists 3-4 times as many will be put away
    you are not interested in why this may be the case ( and perhaps a little re-education could prevent)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    I doubt very much that 99% of muslims reject this part of the quran.
    I lived in Egypt, a Muslim majority country. While definitely female rights are not as good as they are in the West, definitely something like this would have been preposterous to even mention in public. There is of course the usual religious nut case, but they constitute less than 5% of the population.

ReputationRep:
    Christianity is dead in the west so that doesn't surprise me

ReputationRep:
    You're right, they didn't exist then. Islamic culture in general must have been as different from what we know today as early Christian culture is from today. However Wahhabis are the only ones who attempt to practise the Quran as it is written in all its barbarity.
    no, not just wahabis - you seem to have developed your understanding of islam from daytime tv.
    majority of muslims will tell you they are supposed to practice islam as its written in the quran. that is the generally accepted islamic way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Christianity is dead in the west so that doesn't surprise me
    its not statistically based just on christians , but all faiths, and indeed agnostics. islamic ppl seem to be the most over-represented

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.