Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its only 6 days to go for results to come out. are any 1 of u guys scared? i get more freaked out the more i think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix)
    its only 6 days to go for results to come out. are any 1 of u guys scared? i get more freaked out the more i think about it.
    Actually, 5 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes, 14 seconds (at time of writing)

Not really, I have adjusted to the fact that I will have to explain to all Universities I apply to that I had an "off week" and I will not fail my resits (AS's). I find that preparing for the worst case scenario (i.e. U,U,U,U) helps me through and anything on top of that is a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!!!!! :confused: :eek:

(Original post by Adhsur)

Not a fan of resuslts day I take it !!!

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I totally agree with me. I mean for the first year's results it's ok, cos you know you can repeat. But for the second year, your future depends on the results. I hate thinking about the exams and results, as I keep thinking of all of the "what ifs".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Not a fan of resuslts day I take it !!!
    Certainly not! My family is doing predictions on me and making bets between themselves while I'm sitting here traumatised. To think that they're sure I'll get 2/3 A's at least. *Sigh* bLEH

We must all post our honest grades on the day! It'll be good to see how everyone's done.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not! My family is doing predictions on me and making bets between themselves while I'm sitting here traumatised. To think that they're sure I'll get 2/3 A's at least. *Sigh* bLEH

We must all post our honest grades on the day! It'll be good to see how everyone's done.
    At least your family have confidence in you.

No chance, I plan to say that I got 3 As and a B, just like everyone else.

I have done my best to distance my family from any academic stuff from the age of about 9. This will actually come in hand this time though as I cant be bothered to expain why I have done soooo shockingly badly. I think that this time I just want to pass everything (more difficult than it sounds in Electronics (even with an A in my coursework)), I will then sort out my grades in the resits (assuming EdExcel dont try and screw my schedule again).

PS - I have no problem with admitting my grades becuase Im comfortable with the fact that my ability to take exams is awful. If it wasnt for coursework this time, I think I would be looking at 4 U's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    At least your family have confidence in you.
    I'd rather they didn't, because then I wouldn't worry so much. If I got bad grades, they wouldn't care and if I got good ones I'd be able to surprise them if they didn't have so much confidence.

ReputationRep:
    i think theres a limit where positive confidence can turn to pressure. Im in a situation where everyone expects me to do well so i can only lose - if i do badly, or even just not all As ppl will be dissapointed. Id prefer if people had lower expectations then it could be a nice surprise if i did well

ReputationRep:
    who keeps tellin me to get an avatar i have one now ok!!??? geez just kiddin. watched pulp fiction 2 days ago so couldnt resist bein a bad mother f****** (sorry if that offends) ...hmmm this is a tasty burger!

i hope i do well 2 get into university and prove my college is 1 of the best. i am not selfish. i hop resits have helped as thats wear i liek 2 do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    who keeps tellin me to get an avatar i have one now ok!!??? geez just kiddin. watched pulp fiction 2 days ago so couldnt resist bein a bad mother f****** (sorry if that offends) ...hmmm this is a tasty burger!
    Yeah, I got someone telling me to get an avatar, and well I guess it worked. Just want to say good luck to everyone for thursday. The main thing at least is that I hope that everyone gets into the uni of their choice. I guess the best thing is to be real pessimistic, so hopefully when you get your results, you'll be pleasanty surprised. Don't think it'll work for me thoug, I'll probably be a nervous wreck!

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, we've had that many Results Days in our time as 6th Form the nervousness that I had at GCSE Results Day a couple of years ago which kicked in around 10 days before, is no longer existant.

January 2002 (issued in March 2002), June 2002, (issued August 2002), November 2002 (issued in January 2003), January 2003 (issued March 2003) and now this one from June 2003 really isn't having any impact.

(Original post by Expression)
    Thinking about it, we've had that many Results Days in our time as 6th Form the nervousness that I had at GCSE Results Day a couple of years ago which kicked in around 10 days before, is no longer existant.

January 2002 (issued in March 2002), June 2002, (issued August 2002), November 2002 (issued in January 2003), January 2003 (issued March 2003) and now this one from June 2003 really isn't having any impact.
    wat exams did u do last november?

ReputationRep:
    I had that avatar first mofo (in character obviously)
    And although im bothered about the results, i aint nervous as i was GCSE's just because i know pretty well how they score the marks so can sorta estimate it. Although obviously everyone goes through the "what if's" theres nothing u can do other then take ure mind off it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    i hope i do well 2 get into university and prove my college is 1 of the best. i am not selfish. i hop resits have helped as thats wear i liek 2 do it.
    A single persons results do not prove anything about an individual college. Get it into your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    wat exams did u do last november?
    Maths - P1, D1.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.