Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in a bit of a weird situation!

Basically, I was in my first year at the university of Edinburgh but due to illness I was given permission for an authorised interruption of study. I'm supposed to be starting back at Edinburgh this coming September. When I applied through UCAS last year, I was given a conditional offer to both universities, however the conditions to Edinburgh were lower and I met them and not Glasgow's entrance requirements.

This is a real long shot - but is there any chance I could request a transfer to Glasgow? For various reasons I just feel like I'd be better at university in Glasgow, is there any point even phoning to ask or is it just completely pointless?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by nobody122)
    Hi, I'm in a bit of a weird situation!

Basically, I was in my first year at the university of Edinburgh but due to illness I was given permission for an authorised interruption of study. I'm supposed to be starting back at Edinburgh this coming September. When I applied through UCAS last year, I was given a conditional offer to both universities, however the conditions to Edinburgh were lower and I met them and not Glasgow's entrance requirements.

This is a real long shot - but is there any chance I could request a transfer to Glasgow? For various reasons I just feel like I'd be better at university in Glasgow, is there any point even phoning to ask or is it just completely pointless?
    Hi there!

Given your circumstances, I would definitely recommend contacting the university. Different departments have their own contacts with regards to admissions, so send them an email as they would be best to advise what options you have.

I know people who have moved from one university to another, but they transferred from applying directly to the new university, just as you did when you first applied to university. The entry requirements will most likely stay the same, but the department should be able to give you information on that.

Sorry I can't help too much, it's up to the admissions teams and definitely worth asking!
    Let us know if you have any other questions.

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm in a similar situation to OP. I'm currently a first year economics and finance student at University of Surrey, which I got into through Clearing last year. I did not achieve the conditions for my Glasgow offer. Is it still possible to transfer at this point in time?

Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewlacha134)
    Hello!

I'm in a similar situation to OP. I'm currently a first year economics and finance student at University of Surrey, which I got into through Clearing last year. I did not achieve the conditions for my Glasgow offer. Is it still possible to transfer at this point in time?

Thank you in advance!
    This thread is 2 years old buddy. I'd follow the advice of the Glasgow rep...

University open days

1. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.